Chapter 1

Heyya! This is a rewrite of my first story that I wrote on here, enjoy.
Slanted text is the peeps thoughts
Bold is when shit is going down

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

John's pov
Its been a couple of weeks since Sera lost her ability, she's been devastated this whole time and has been getting attacked constantly. I promised her I would protect her at any costs, but in reality I'm just a fucking coward by not using my ability to protect her in the moment. I'm done of seeing her get beaten up and going to the infirmary daily, next time I'll protect her using this cursed power of mines. I feel so terrible for lying about being a cripple, but I'll make up for my mistakes by all means necessary. I hope she still has faith that her ability will return, but I'm pretty sure she gave up on that idea ages ago. I'm going to call her to see how she's doing.

~John calls Sera~

"Come on pick up..."
"Sorry for picking up a bit late, I was away from my phone"
"Pfft, don't worry about it Sera. Anyways how are you feeling?"
"Oh I'm doing pretty good and you gel boy?"
"Hey! Come on really gel boy? I'm doing pretty good too"
"Heh, so why'd you call? Did you need something?"
"Oh yea, I wanted to see of you wanted to go shopping on Saturday or something"
"Huh? Wait your being for real?! Don't you hate shopping with me though?"
"No not really, you just make me carry all your bags and take way too long picking one outfit"
"That is true, but if you don't mind me asking why shopping and not something that you would like to do?"
"What do you mean? I need to shop as well for cloths and other stuff! Another reason is because we both get to see each other try cute outfits"
"O-oh, I'm c-cute in the outfits I try out?"
"U-uh very c-cute"
"An-anyways I'll think of something we both might enjoy! Is that fine with you John?"
"Thats fine with me!"
"Okay well, I'm going to get some rest for school tomorrow. Goodnight John!"
"Alright, goodnight Sera!"

~call ends and the next day starts~

Sera pov
I need to get to class! I kinda overslept due to John calling me cute.. ughh why did yesterday feel so weird.. why would he ask to hangout with me? What am I even talking about its John! Of course he would ask to hang out with me! Im his best and only friend.. thats actually kinda sad now that I think about it. Anyways back to him calling me cute, I really liked it when he called me cute. I always looked up to John, so that coming from him meant a lot. Im going to try to think of the best place to take John. Maybe he'll like this semi-fancy restaurant I recently fou-

"Oh I'm sorry, I was thinking and didn't pay attention where I was going"

"Well you better fucking be! We're mid-tiers so be sca-... oh what do we have here? Its you Seraphina.."

"So how does it feel being a worthless son of a bitch now?" Yelled one of the mid tiers

"Hey, no need to be a dick about this whole situation. I said I was sorry so I'm leaving now."

"Heh, not so fast. I don't think we're done here bitch" the third one says as he pushes her to the other two

"Hey! Just fucking let me go damn!" Sera yelled as she slapped the guy who pushed her and started to run away

"GET THAT FUCKING WHORE!!"

"IM ON IT! HEY REMEMBER WHEN YOU KICKED MY ASS FOR BULLYING YOUR DUMB FRIEND? WELL TAKE THIS AS PAY BACK!!"

"AUGHH! Fuck he shot missiles at me.. fuck I'm down."
They're all homing in at me.. no one's here to protect me, John's in class so he can't come and try to protect me. I told John I would try to stay out of fights, but here I am. Im sorry John, I failed you once again..

"TAKE THIS YOU FUCKING BITCH!"

"AUGGH! FUCK"

"YEA THIS IS HOW WE FUCKING FEEL WHEN YOU HIGH TIERS FUCKING KICK OUR ASSES! NOW ITS TIME FOR YOU TO FEEL THAT WAY!!"

~after 4 mins of getting her ass beat she goes to the infirmary~

John pov
FUCK! Sera texted me a few minutes ago saying she got into a fight and is in the infirmary! I fucking promised myself I would protect her at any cost, but I already fucking failed! I hope she didn't get beat up to badly!

~John aggressively opens the door and looks around for Sera~

"HEY FUCKING DUMBASS YOU GOING TO BREAK THE DAMN DOOR! SHE'S OVER THERE DAMN! I SWEAR TO GOD IM GOING TO QUIT!"

"Sorry doc, I was just worried"

"J-john I'm over here." she faintly says as he runs to the sound of her voice and looks at her

"Sera! Are you still hurt badly? I'm so sorry I wasn't there! Why couldn't tho-.. Sera?"

"J-just let me hold you please...*sniff* I'm so pathetic aren't I? Even after all you taught me, I COULDN'T DO A DAMN THING! I DONT HOW YOU CAN DEAL WITH THIS ITS SUC-!"

"Sera stop it, you can do things despite having an ability or not. You still make me very happy and smile each day Sera.. you tried and thats all that matters okay?"
*he gets her up and hugs her tightly letting her cry on his shoulder*

"Feel better?"

"Y-yea, *sniff* thanks John. For everything, for all the laughs, for teaching me everything you know, I really owe you one."

"Don't mention it Sera. it's the least I can do since you done so much for me"

"C-can we stay like this for a bit?"

"Of course Sera, anything for you"

"Thanks you, I love this.." she says as she blushes and gets more comfortable in John's arms and nuzzles his neck

"I love this too and I also love you Seraphina"

"I-I love you to gel boy"

End of chapter fucking 1

Hope you enjoyed the changes, I will post chapters this weekend. Anyways go check the author of this amazing webtoon, her name is uru-chan on webtoon and support her in anyway!