My office door opened, and Tony stepped through, and massive grin on his face.

"Did you actually teach the Capsicle how to use email?" he asked, perching on the edge of my desk. "I've been trying for months!"

I just shrugged.

"He just needed some patience from me," I said. "I'm assuming you quit after about five minutes?"

Tony scoffed and rolled his eyes but didn't deny the statement. I grinned, knowing that I was right. I sighed as I remembered what I needed to talk to him about.

"Mr Hale called again-"

"Tell him the answer is no," Tony said, waving a hand. "Block him or something. Don't worry about being impolite. I give you permission to hang up on him."

I nodded and waited for him to say something else, but he just nodded and pat me on the shoulder.

"You're doing great, kid," he said before leaving.

I smiled slightly at the praise. I picked up my phone and dialled Mr Hale's number.

"Ah, Y/n," he said. "That quick?"

"He said no," I said. "Quite firmly, in fact. I would suggest that you stop calling because his answer will always be no."

Mr Hale started saying something else, but I hung up. I then blocked his number because he was causing me a severe amount of headaches.

The day came to an end, and I emailed Tony his schedule. I got up and started walking towards the elevator when a blue blur passed me. The blue blur came back with a grin on its face.

"Y/n," Pietro said in greeting.

"Hi, Pietro," I said. "Where're you speeding off to?"

Pietro chuckled.

"I'm going bowling with Wanda, Vision, Bucky, and Steve," he said. He paused for a moment before he grinned wider. "Want to come?"

I bit my lip.

"I... wouldn't it be a bit... weird? You know... since you're all my bosses?" I said.

Pietro just shrugged.

"I don't think it would be weird," he said. "You're our friend, right?" His smile became mischievous. "What did Tony say about being our assistant? That you have to hang out with us?"

I laughed and cocked my head.

"Yeah, he did say that," I said. "Alright. I'll meet you guys there. I need to get changed. Where are we going?"

Pietro gave me the address and then an award-winning smile. I took the elevator down to the garage where Happy was waiting for me. He drove me home and I rushed to my apartment. I had a quick shower and put on jeans and a nice top before walking to the bowling alley. It was only a few blocks from my house, and I didn't mind walking.

When I arrived, Wanda found me and practically dragged me into the bowling alley. We got shoes and started talking to each other about our interests. Once we'd gotten the shoes, we walked over to our lane, where Bucky was teaching Steve how to bowl. Bucky had a hand on Steve's lower back and his hand on Steve's other one. I grinned to myself at the pair. It was the oldest trick in the book, but it was so cute.

"Y/n!" Pietro said. "You made it."

I nodded, grinning. Pietro stared at me for a few moments longer. I glanced down at my outfit, afraid that there was a stain, but everything seemed to be in order.

"You – you look really nice, Printsessa," he said, before turning back to the bowling lane.

I took a confused breath and walked over to Wanda. She grinned at me and linked our arms. Wanda liked physical contact, and I didn't mind giving it to her. We sat down beside each other and started talking. It was easy to talk to her.

Bucky bowled after Steve, and then Vision went after him. I went after Vision, and I stood in front of the lane with a ball in my hand.

It was simple. All I had to do was calculate the velocity I needed, and then throw the ball straight. It was simple.

Based on the weight, I'd need to pull back to about here...

I took a deep breath and let the ball go. It rolled down the lane and hit the pins, knocking them all over. The tv read strike! in big, colourful letters.

"Wow, Y/n!" Wanda exclaimed. "Have you played before?"

I shook my head and smiled softly.

"You're a natural," Pietro said. "Good job."

I smiled at him and went to sit down next to Wanda again. Wanda pat me on the head and grinned at me. Pietro went up to bowl next. He gave me a big grin and threw the ball. He hit nine of them, with the back left one still standing. He knocked it over on his second bowl.

Wanda got up to bowl and Pietro took her seat next to me.

"Nice try," I said. "But you can't beat a natural."

Pietro chuckled and rolled his eyes.

"It was a warmup, Printsessa," he said. "You'll see."

I did see. The next time he got a strike, but so did I. I won the bowling game, seeing as I kept getting strikes. The best part of the evening, though, was getting closer to the group. I started to see them as friends.