𝟏𝟓. 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝, 𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭

Começar do início

"Not unless I was a Thai hooker named Bo." Blair argued, then sighed. "And there's something else."

The girls weren't able to hear what that 'something else' was once Dan Humphrey arrived hugging Serena from behind and kissing her cheek. "Hey."

"Oh. This is my news." Serena started explaining to her friends with a wide smile on her face. "When I was in Buenos Aires—"

"A postcard would've been fine." Blair cut her off with a fake smile. "I'm really happy for you. I'm gonna go vomit now."

Gwen glanced at the retreating figure of her best friend and then back at the on-and-off couple. "I don't even know what to say, so I'm just gonna join her."

"Happy New Year." Dan wished to them, not that Blair or Gwen cared about it.

-ˋˏ ༻ 🎾 ༺ ˎˊ-

𝐈𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐒𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐆𝐖𝐄𝐍 she wouldn't be able to tell when was the last time she had spent time with both her parents just because. Maybe it happened when she was a little kid, she really wasn't sure. Usually, the three of them would only be together on holidays and special occasions — if so! — and even then there would always be something work-related going on for both Vivianne and Ed. That's why Gwendolyn was so surprised when her mother picked her from school and said they would be meeting her dad for a quick snack at a fancy cafe the matriarch liked. It was so damn suspicious, Gwen's mind was almost exploding with theories! The girl was wondering if her parents were meeting her out of the blue to say they would get a divorce — it had been about 19 years since they exchanged vows and most marriages in the 21st century didn't last that long. Oh boy, that's probably it. Gwen convinced herself.

The girl spent the entire ride stressing about that, Gwen honestly didn't know if her parents splitting up made her sad or not. She was way too overwhelmed to decide, but luckily she didn't have to. Vivianne and Edward were not getting a divorce, but they also weren't meeting their daughter for no reason. All anxiety Gwen had been feeling from the minute she got in the car with her mom disappeared and was replaced by a bright smile. They gave her the keys to a brand new apartment near Columbia University, their reason for such a gift was that even though Gwen's acceptance letter hadn't arrived yet — and it wouldn't until April! —, she would need a place closer to College. Why her parents decided to give her that apartment in January when the classes in Columbia would only start in the fall — if Gwen was accepted — was a mystery to Gwendolyn, but truly wasn't complaining.

Gwen was radiant about that gift and couldn't wait to go visit the place she would be living for the next four years of her life — again, if she was to be accepted. Her happiness, however, was short-lived. Gwen had barely stepped foot at her home when the phone in her coat pocket made a noise notifying a new message had arrived. It was Blair calling her over saying it was an emergency but by the time the Vanderbilt girl, alongside Serena, arrived at the Waldorf Penthouse B was ready to host dinner for a bunch of society matrons while acting like everything was just fine. From the little stuff Queen B told her friends, what made her have a little breakdown was, to no surprise, Chuck Bass. Blair claimed she was fine now and by hosting that dinner she would save herself from going down with Chuck's mess.

Gwen understood her, even when Serena started arguing that they needed to help the Bass heir — sure, they did, but Blair had already done so much and if she was to do more she could end up even more hurt. And no one wants to be hurt by someone you love. So while S sent a glare on B's way while leaving the penthouse, Gwen granted a comforting smile.