𝟏𝟓. 𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐲 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝, 𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭

Start from the beginning

The trip truly wasn't so bad, but Gwen was thankful for being back home. It would be easier to stay busy. You see, her routine plus her mother's demands, and her friends' constant need for a babysitter would drive her crazy before any thought of Nick could appear to haunt her. Oh, and the fact she was starting her last semester in high school also contributed to the mess of things she would rather stress about.

Strolling the hallways of Constance Billard School, Gwendolyn heard girly squeals, which wasn't an unusual thing (especially after a holiday break), but as she made a turn to where her locker was the Vanderbilt count discovered those high pitched sounds were made by her best friends who were having a reunion.

"Oh, I missed you so much!" Serena said to Blair, hugging the brunette tightly.

"Not as much as I missed you." B replied.

"Aw, look at you two!" Gwen made her presence known by teasing her friends. "It doesn't even look like you were determined to destroy each a couple of months ago."

Blair rolled her eyes while Serena laughed. "We missed you too, Gwen." the blonde hushed to hug her.

"Okay, G, I have three questions." the Waldorf girl wore a wicked smirk that only made it clear how her questions wouldn't be nice ones. "One." she had only her index finger up and help it in front of Gwendolyn's face. "Were you the one responsible for my brother's awful mood during Christmas?" not even bothering to wait for a reply, she shot another finger up. "Did you hear he broke up with Sloane?" then the third finger. "Lastly, but no less important, if you did, then why aren't you too together now?" for someone who felt repulsive regarding her older brother's affair with her best friend, Blair had a huge change of heart deciding she supported them now. In her defense, it was impossible not to when they look at each other like there was no one else in the world. She wished Chuck looked at her like that.

Gwen's body froze. She did expect the questions to be bad, but she didn't expect them to be related to Nick —at least not directly like that. Oh, no. Nicholas Waldorf was a forbidden subject for Gwen. "I don't know what you talking about." she cleared her throat after realizing how shaken up her voice sounded.

To Blair, her friend's reaction was more than enough answer. Clearly, Gwen's uncomfortable state meant the two dumbasses had an argument and now were suffering over each other, typical. "Sure you don't."

"Hey, did Jack ever find Chuck?" Serena stepped in changing the subject. Mentioning Chuck to Blair was always a good choice to deflect an unwanted subject, Queen B could go on and on about the Bass heir.

"Yeah, what was left of him." the Waldorf girl rolled her eyes. "I'm surprised they made it through customs. Chuck's body odor could have given a contact high to half of Manhattan." she added. Then her brown eyes went wide and direct them in the blonde's direction. "S, I have to tell you something. I did something so stupid. Gwen already knows."

"B, what is it?" Serena inquired worriedly.

"I told Chuck I loved him."

That didn't seem so bad to the Van Der Woodsen girl, so her worried expression was replaced by a happy one. "Oh my Gosh! That's great."

"Wait for the rest." Gwen whispered to Serena, but Blair obviously heard.

"Great? No, it's awful." the fiery brunette scrunched her nose in frustration. "Not only did he not say it back but he disappeared for a month. I could just go back and strangle myself as the words come out."

"No, I'm sure Chuck will say it back." the it-girl tried to ease her friend's distress, even though it was hard to picture Chuck Bass telling someone he loves them. "He was probably thinking about you the whole time he was gone."