Chapter Two

After a few hours of being bored out of your mind, you fell asleep. You dreamt of the pink haired boy that was separated only by a cold stone wall. You wondered if he had gotten the letter you had written a few long hours ago. After about a half hour, you felt something light, like a piece of paper, fall on your face. You sat up, half asleep and picked up the paper. It said "From Crona" on it, neatly written in cursive. You woke up completely as you read that. You unfolded the paper.
"Hello, y/n. Did I wake you? I hope I didn't. If I did, I'm sorry. I received your letter." A little smiley face was written next to it. "You don't seem like the person who would help a witch out. I can't wait to hang out with you. -Crona"
You put your ear up to the wall to see if Crona was still awake and available to write back to. But, you hear faint snoring on the other side of the wall. You started thinking about him. Your face flushed red.
"He's really cute." You thought, "I can't wait to get to know him when we hang out."
You went back to sleep. But after about ten minutes, you heard a different voice coming from Crona's cell.
"Wake up!" The voice said.
"No.. The dark circles under my eyes will come back and I don't know how to deal with the dark circles..!"
You decided to quickly write a note with only one question on it: Who's in there with you? You quickly slid it through the wall. After a minute or two, you got one in return. But, this note was a bit damp. You opened it up and it read: "It's me." in bad hand writing. It was written in a black liquid that had the same viscosity as blood. The voice went away after a while, and you went back to sleep. This time, for the whole night. The next morning, you were tried by Lord Death, and you received your verdict. You would be able to leave, but you had to be supervised by a DWMA student. You were able to pick the student who watched over you. You picked Crona, of course. You also had to live at the DWMA, in the cell next to Crona's, until they were sure you could leave. Crona would receive the news in thirty minutes. You just went back to your cell. You sighed in relief.
"That went better than I thought," You said to yourself, "Being Lord Death probably means the maximum punishment is death." You looked and saw a note on your bed. You unfolded it. Once again, it read "It's me." written in the black blood substance. You wondered who this "Me" character could be. Thirty minutes seemed like forever. You heard someone open Crona's cell door. After a minute, Crona opened your cell door.
"Come on... Let's go hang out..." He said.
You wondered, "Why does he not smile?" You two went off into Death City.