Chapter 9: Dichotic

Start from the beginning

Later at the Talon Liana sees Clark and says, "Hey, Clark, thank God, I thought you'd forgotten about our math session." Clark says, "Actually that's why I'm here, with my dad out of commission I have to make the feed store run." Liana smiles and says, "Okay. Yeah, I understand." Ian says, "So. Simultaneous equations giving you grief?" Liana says, "Higher math and I don't seem to get along very well." Ian says, "Yeah, I suffered through algebra last term. You know, if you want, I can give you a few tips." Liana smiles and says, "Are you serious? Because I am totally lost." Ian says, "Yeah. Yeah, definitely. When's a good time?" Liana says, "I get off in 10 minutes." Ian smiles and says, "Great. I'll be right back." Liana smiles and says, "Okay, thanks. You okay, Clark?" Clark nods and says, "Yep.  Uh, I'd better go." Liana softly says, "Alright." Liana leaves the Talon with Ian and says, "Thanks, Ian. You're a lifesaver." Ian says, "Trust me. There's no place I'd rather be."

The next day at school, Ian's at Liana's locker and says, "Thanks

The next day at school, Ian's at Liana's locker and says, "Thanks. I really appreciate this, Liana. Your, uh, peer recommendation's gonna carry a lot of weight with Lex Luthor." Liana smiles and says, "Anyone who can help me understand double angle functions deserve a scholarship." Ian then leans in to kiss Liana on the cheek and Liana softly smiles. Ian says, "Well, I'll talk to you later. Page me." Liana waves goodbye and then hears Clark's voice say, "Looks like the study... date went well." Liana says, "It wasn't a date, he was just being nice. Ian showed me this great shortcut and after that the study part was over. Ian's really intense. You know, in a good way. We're actually getting together tonight." As Liana walks away, Clark follows and says, "More studying?" Liana smiles and says, "Yeah. We're going to his place to study this time." Clark says, "What does Chloe think?" Liana says, "What do you mean?" Clark says, "You saw her and Ian at the Talon last night." Liana says, "Yeah, they we're doing an interview." Clark says, "No. They were gonna go on a date. He bailed on her to help you with your algebra homework." Liana says, "Chloe, Lana and I were unpacking for an hour last night she didn't say a word." Clark says, "Liana, I swear, they --" Liana says, "Listen, Clark this move has been tough enough and Chloe and her dad have been great. So please, I know Whitney said to watch out for me, but I can take care of myself."

"