Chapter 481 - 485

Start from the beginning

“Brother Cheng, what happens if I can’t have a child? Will you stand up to your mother, always?”

The breathing of the man behind her paused for a second. As though he had given this a long thought, he finally sighed helplessly. “Let’s not talking about the hypotheticals right now, okay?

“That’s my family and my mother. One way or another, we will rejoin them.”

Gu Wushuang took a deep breath.

Yes, one way or another.

“Brother Cheng, why don’t you come with me to meet with my adoptive father again tomorrow? Let’s go and find out what his answer is going to be.

“Oh, right. You mentioned last time that the Huo’s had signed a contract with HF and the profit margin is consistently over 10%. If we take over the Gu’s, do you think we can establish partnership with HF too?”

A woman must rely on herself.

Gu Wushuang cracked her mouth open sarcastically. She could see her future clearly now.

It had taken her a long time to summon the courage to have the surgery and struggled free from the shadow of death. If it was life-threatening for her to have a child now, she would rather not have any.

Obviously, Mother Huo was not concerned about her body or her life!

And, now, Huo Wencheng was the same way as well!

“Okay, I will go with you.”

“Thank you, Brother Cheng.”

Gu Wushuang turned around, her little face, twisted a little, buried into his shoulder.

“If I can get more of the Gu’s family fortune, then we can still succeed the Gu’s even if you can’t succeed the Huo’s.”

Huo Wencheng was moved and he hugged her back.

Chapter 482

"She will need to figure that out on her own." (2)

A week later, when Gu Shishi went for her checkup, she again received the latest news from her melon-eating group –

Gu Wushuang brought the recording with her to play it to Gu Jiangxin, who had his IV in, in person.

And not just one recording. She had several of them.

In fact, she said as smart phones were popular at the time, she had taken a lot of pictures and videos for the fun of it and many of them were of her family meeting with the government offices in private.

Gu Jiangxin wasn’t the only one in them, even Mother Gu was in some of them. She also sent Gu Jiangxin to the ICU for the second time.

Huo Wencheng even had a lawyer went over and explain to Gu Jiangxin how the court cases would go and how many years of sentence would he be facing should the evidences ever came to light.

As there were high dollar amount of transactions on land behind these gift exchanges, and that Gu Jiangxin had been committing bribery for many years. There was almost no chance he could escape a harsh sentencing.

With the bombardments coming from the both of them, Gu Jiangxin didn’t even know what to say anymore.

The lawyer visited the patient room again two days later. This time to witness the transfer of power.