Damn.

We were all in a line. Like inmates on death row. One by one heading to the sentence of having to be in front of a crowd and talking to Caesar. The most well know capitol person besides president Snow. 

"Now remember Cin. You make it a point to mention something about your love story with Lane. Make sure to mention anything that could make you seem sweet and worthy of sponsers" Col states as he stands next to me with his hands folded in front of him. I nodded slightly too busy looking at the moving line in front of me. I was nervous. I hated talking to people. Yet here I was practicing smiling with Col while other tributes were talking to their own designers. Suddenly, I heard a bunch of cheers from the crowd and my eyes found the screen to see Clay walking confidently on the screen. 

"He's good" I hear Misha whisper to Lane from behind me. He was good. The crowd was going nuts as Clay continued to wave towards the crowd. He was charming. Not to mention he was pretty so that probably helped with his confidence not to mention the crowds love of him. 

"So Clay what has your time in the capitol been like?" Caesar asks after the two of them shake hands and I watch as a smile makes it way onto Clays face 

"It has been amazing so far Caesar and may I just say the women are stunning here" he says cockily and I watch as the crowd goes nuts again with women fainting in the crowd. Caesar lets out a massive laugh that almost sounded forced, like he did with most people he interviewed, not to mention he changed his hair every year. This year his hair was a bright yellow and it was not very complementary to his face but it didn't matter cause he was Caesar and everyone loved Caesar. 

"Oh Clay, you have all the women falling head over heels for you. Speaking of is their a woman we should all be jealous of back home?" Caesar asks with a grin and I watch as Clay shakes his head looking down at the ground letting the blonde hair cover his face slightly 

"Unfortunately no" he says and the crowd lets out another roar. 

"That is unfortunate. So what is your type of ideal girl then for those lucky ladies out there who would like a winning chance" Caesar cries out and the crowd applauds him. God they were feeding off this shit. Clay had to win now. There was no way anyone else would be good enough. 

"I actually have been trying to talk to a girl recently" Clay states and my heart stops. Who the fuck was he talking to? Maybe the girl from 2. If they were trying to play the same game Lane and I were. It could mean our plan to get sponsors would go down the drain if another couple were better loved by the crowd 

"A girl from home?" Caesar asks and Clay shakes his head while chuckling 

"No she's actually in the game" he states and the crowd lets out an audible gasp. I looked over at Lane with panic in my eyes but his eyes had just darkened as he watched Clay, his fists now clench. I guess he was thinking what I was. That they were going to try and ruin our plan by copying it. 

"Can we get a hint of who it is?" Caesar asks with eagerness in his eyes and I watched Clay shakes his head smirking. He was such a good actor. 

"Well this girl is an absolute fire cracker and may be one of the most whole hearted people I have ever met. I even tried to from an alliance with her but her hearts in a different place." Clay says and my heart stops I look back at Lane again and this time his eyes were directly on mine. Clay was talking about me. What sort of game was he fucking playing at?

"And this girl...refused to be in an alliance with you?" Caesar says as he emphasises the 'you' part and my eyes went down to the floor and I let a sigh fall from my lips. Clay was destroying everything Lane and I had built our reputation on. 

"You see she's kind of unavailable, she's in love with another man" Clay says and he looks at the floor as if he was sad and I watched as the crowd started sympathising with him.