You began to walk and tried to just get inside the function hall. Many people were already arriving and it just made you more anxious. You crossed your arms and rubbed your elbows. The epiphany you had when you realized Levi's blazer was still with you. Now you have a reason to meet him.
You mentally groaned as you've been trying to find Levi but yet no signs of him. You assumed that he's doing something important. You tried to message Eren and Mikasa but you figured out that they may not reply immediately. You were stuck with being alone with your thoughts of wanting to leave. You gripped the sleeves of his blazer as you were thinking on how you should give this back.

'shit.. I want to be near Eren, Mikasa, and Armin now..'

You were near giving up and was ready to leave. Dragging yourself near the elevator once again with a worried look in your face as you still haven't figured out on how to give Levi his blazer. You decided to just give it to the receptionist and tell them to give it to their boss. As you were prepared to leave, you glanced at the function room and saw the beautiful room now decorated nicely unlike before. But the large entrance of the room were crowded as many people formed a circle, possibly a sudden meeting. You didn't want to eavesdrop so you wanted to leave. Deciding to leave once last look, your eyes met Him.

His eyes widen as he saw you standing alone, he dismissed the other staff to stop the sudden meeting with the serious look before turning to you, approaching you with his soft eyes. He has that loving look that many find it rare to witness.

"you're leaving, Y/n?" He asked. He wanted to cup the both of your hands but refrained from doing so as he didn't want to make you uncomfortable.

"oh.. i was supposed to" He let out an "oh" as he tried to consider your choice of leaving. He gave you a smile as he atleast wanted to accompany you. It was a closure.

He pointed at his bodyguards to leave you two alone as he wanted to be privated and only wanted you with him for this night. You guys started to wait for the elevator to arrive at the floor but his mind was filled with What ifs.

'What if we actually adopted a cat.. I wish i can make her stay this night. I want to hold her like she's more than just a friend..'

The night's going to end with him finally apologizing. He's now happy but then again, he knows that things could've been better if he never left. Maybe, just maybe, you two could've been something more. Maybe still friends.. or better yet, Maybe Lovers.

————————————————————

The elevator doors opened. You both noticed how the elevator cart was filled with guests exiting, He pulled you beside him and stepped away from the middle to let the other people leave. After they all finally left, he waited for you to enter. He was ready for you to leave.

He looked at you with a smile. Everything feels slow, it's like the world was giving you more time to think if you would allow yourself to let your past self live her dreams with spending time with Levi but you know your present self have this disappointment that you still have for him. Will the past be forgiven if you stayed for just this night?

"Levi"

"hmm?" there was a long pause before Y/n could continue. She was hesitating to say something

"-what do you mean by ball dance?" you sounded curious as you raised your tone like you were excited in some way. He let out a chuckle as he shook his head still pressing the buttons to not let the elevator doors close.

"oh uhm.. just your typical people dancing in a slow tempo" each words made his voice less audible. The thought of you dancing together bothered his mind. He wanted it but knows he can't.