Mr Stark grinned at me, and the security let us in. The elevator went up to one of the top floors and dinged when the doors opened. Mr Stark unlinked our arms and swaggered into the meeting room, with me close on his heels.

"Mr Stark!" Mr Hale exclaimed, standing up.

Mr Hale was a tall man with dark hair. He had olive skin and hazel green eyes. He was very attractive and had an air of leadership.

Mr Hale shook Mr Stark's hand and then looked at me with a frown.

"You," Mr Hale said to me. "Go get me a coffee."

I stood there in shock for a moment before Mr Stark spoke.

"Excuse you," he said. "Don't talk to her like that. She's a human being. Besides, she's my assistant, not yours."

Mr Hale looked slightly taken aback. He glanced to me again and then back to Mr Stark. Mr Stark rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"Right, so what do you want to talk to me about?" Mr Stark said.

Mr Hale started talking about his business and how they would both profit if they combined their companies. While it was true, the profit would be astronomical, there was only one issue.

"You still make weapons, right?" Mr Stark said.

Mr Hale nodded.

"Ever since you stopped making them, I took up the mantle. But if we combined the two..."

"Yeah, this isn't gonna work," he yawned. "See you never, Derek."

"But Mr Stark-"

"C'mon, Y/n," Mr Stark said to me.

Mr Stark led me out of the room with Mr Hale trying to convince us to come back. We reached the elevator and Mr Stark shut the doors before Mr Hale could reach them.

"Thank you, Mr Stark," I said quietly.

Mr Stark raised an eyebrow at me.

"For what? Standing up for you?" he asked.

I blinked a few times in surprise.

"I – well... yeah," I said. "My old boss didn't stand up for me when people were rude to me. He just told me that was a part of customer service."

Mr Stark shook his head disappointedly.

"Shouldn't be," he said. "Got anything else fun on for today?"

I rolled my eyes at him. I'd given him his schedule, but apparently, he didn't like to look at it.

"You have a business call with Miss Potts in three hours," I said. "She told me to tell you that it's strictly business related."

Mr Stark sighed and shook his head. I texted Happy to tell him to pick us up. Hopefully he was just in the area.

The elevator doors opened, and we left the building, gaining a few stares from employees and security. Happy's car arrived on the curb as soon as we reached it. Mr Stark held the door open for me and I thanked him before sliding into the other side. Mr Stark got in after me and shut the door.

"Where to?" Happy asked.

"The tower-" I began, but Mr Stark cut me off.

"Burger King," he said. "I need a cheeseburger."

I sighed but didn't stop him. I needed to get back to my office and finish working on organising a time for Mr Stark to talk to another CEO.

We arrived at the Burger King a few minutes later.

"Lunch break. Y/n, what do you want?" Mr Stark asked.

"Mr Stark, it's ten thirty-seven in the morning," I said.

"So?" he replied.

I chuckled and shook my head.

"I'll get whatever you're having," I said.

Mr Stark told his order to Happy, who in turn relayed it to the drive-thru person. I typed away on my phone, telling Mr Hale's assistant that, no, we weren't coming back.

Soon enough we made it back to the tower. I took my takeout and went to my office and began checking my emails.

At the end of the day, I sent Mr Stark his schedule for the next day. I went to his office to remind him that I'd sent it, but the door opened just before I could knock, revealing the one and only Steve Rogers, Captain America.

Steve Rogers looked at me with narrowed eyes and then back into Mr Stark's office, presumably to look at Mr Stark.

"Who are you?" Mr Rogers asked.

"My assistant," Mr Stark said. "Y/n, meet Steve. Capsicle, this is Y/n."

Mr Rogers rolled his eyes at Mr Stark. I held my hand out and he shook it.

"Nice to meet you, Mr Rogers," I said politely.

"Steve is fine," he said quickly.

Mr Stark sighed.

"She won't listen," he said. "She keeps calling me 'Mr Stark,' even though I told her that 'Tony' was just fine."

I smiled slightly. Tony narrowed his eyes in contemplation before clicking his fingers.

"If you call me Mr Stark again, I'll fire you," he said.

I bit my lip, hundreds of retorts running through my head. Most people would assume that I should be polite to my boss, and say something like, 'please don't do that,' or freak out, but I knew Tony. He preferred it when I sassed back at him.

"Alright, sir," I said.

Tony bit his lip in amusement.

"Outsmarting me, huh," he said.

I grinned at him.

"Well, sir, as much as I have enjoyed this conversation, I'm going home now. I emailed your schedule, like always, but I doubt you'll look at it, so I'll tell you about it tomorrow," I said. I glanced to Steve. "It was nice meeting you, Steve. Goodbye."

"Got a party or something?" Tony asked.

I chuckled and shook my head.

"Hardly. I have to finish the last season of (favourite/tv show). See you tomorrow," I said.

I left the two men standing there and walked to the elevator. I took the elevator down to the garage, where Happy was waiting for me. Tony didn't like that I had to walk home, usually in the dark, so he made sure Happy drove me home every day. It didn't matter that I lived about a twenty minute walk away, he wanted me to be safe. It was very nice of him.

Happy drove me home and I thanked him when I got out of the car. I walked as quickly as I could into my apartment and shut the door.

Ever since becoming Tony Stark's assistant, I'd noticed people looking at me. I was always taught not to attract attention, so it unnerved me. I was probably overreacting.

I got out of my work clothes and into something comfier before turning on my tv and watching (favourite/tv show).