Heart in Ruins

'Jackson has lost himself in women and booze, and every since you left it's like a part of my son is lost. '
[]

After six years of active duty, she was done serving her country

After six years of active duty, she was done serving her country. Tired of being away from home, and missing out on the life she dreamed of as a sixteen year old girl. The girl who dated the most handsome man in school, and when she turned eighteen, married that man. The cab came to a stop in the parking lot of Teller- Morrow Automotive, and she grabbed her duffle, sliding the guy a fifty and slides out the cab. Who drove quickly off the lot of Samcro, most likely knowing the horror stories of the club. The duffel bag in her hands seemed to get a bit heavier when her eyes land on her mother in law, standing in the doorway of the office, her arms crossed over her chest and a proud smile.

"Hey momma." Heading straight for Gemma, dropping her duffel along the way. Wrapping her arms around the only one who kept in touch with her over the last six years.

"Oh baby, welcome home." Gemma always was the one person Kat knew she could trust no matter what. The hug lasted for a few minutes before Kat pulled away.

"Thanks Gem." Kat was nervous and Gemma could tell, knowing where she stood with her husband, Gemma's Son. "He here?" Gemma shook her head.

"Nah, got a run up to Nevada to see Jury for some reason, clay just left to go up himself." Gemma says softly, Kat let's out a sigh of relief. Not ready to face the man who left her. Gemma grabs her keys, fiddling with one off the keychain. "Go home, he stays here at the clubhouse, changed the locks while back, i kept up on things, for you." Kat nods, taking the house key.

"Thanks, Gem." Thankful that Jax left their house to her, since she's the one who picked it out, completely remodeled it, and her name was on the deed.

"I'll have the prospect give you a ride." Gemma placed her arm on Kats elbow. "Half-Sack!" The kids head pops up from the car and races over to Gemma. "Eddie, this is Katherine Teller, Jaxs Old lady, take her home for me."

The ride was silent across town, thankful for the ride, even though she doesn't know the prospect. Her duffel sat on her lap.

"I was in the army, thanks for the service, Miss. Teller." Half-Sack says and Kat laughs.

"Just call me Kat, kiddo." He laughs softly, and nervously as the tow truck pulls into the driveway of the house she left behind. Gemma definitely kept up on her plants and paint on the house. " thanks for the ride." Hopping out the truck, sack waited until she was inside to pull out the driveway, leaving Kat alone.

Everything was the same as it was, new furniture though. Jax most likely took the couches he picked out. Leaving a large grey sectional in her living room. Shutting the door behind her, dropping her duffel on the couch.