vorfreude

you woke to the sun shining softly in your eyes through your white blinds. you missed mornings like this, where you could wake up naturally through your internal clock rather than a blaring alarm screaming into your ears. your day was started anew, absolutely no schedule to follow and you were free to make your own footsteps.

still drowsy, you rubbed your eyes with a soft yawn. you stretched out your very overworked limbs as you turned to your clock, reading the time. '9:21 am'. much better than the 7:00 am you normally rose at for work. you slid off your comforter from your cold body, sitting up from your comfy mattress you would probably miss for a while. but productivity was a necessity of being an adult, sighing, you opened your closet and stared upon your different variety of apparel, a soft smile as you picked up a brown sweater with a small red mushroom speckled with white on the center of it. you turned, grabbing a pair of cuffed dark brown jeans and then a white button up collar shirt.

tugging off your black tank top, you stared at the bandages wrapped around your chest in the mirror. it'd been two weeks since you had been attacked in the chest by a human protestor being an absolute incel. but, atleast it would scar over eventually. though it did hurt your confidence you had been wounded by such. you stopped thinking, sticking your arms into the white collar shirt, buttoning it up quickly and then sliding the sweater over.

you picked up the cuffed brown pants and slid your legs through them, sliding them over your undergarments with a soft sigh, zipping up the fly and buttoning them. turning, you stared at your reflection as you tucked in your button up shirt, proceeding to straighten your collar swiftly and looking at your figure in the mirror. a face belonging to you staring right back.

regardless of everything you'd been through, it was still you.

your soul resonating with determination as you went to the kitchen, picking a mug with a kawaii cactus on it out from the cabinet as you put it under the coffee machine and set it to run. you always set up the grounds and filter a day before hand, as you knew yourself well enough to know you'd be too lazy to do it in the morning. your eyes wandered, gaze settling finally at the mail slot by your front door. there was a freshly delivered letter on the ground.

your face morphed into confusion, your mind beginning to ponder. you weren't supposed to get any mail today that you were aware of, who would even write you a letter? vee always relied on text; she wasn't that cliche. sighing, you walked out of the kitchen. you'd have to wait for your coffee to brew anyways, better to kill the time.

you picked up the letter, it was pressed closed with a wax stamp that was mostly black, a crown that was silky and golden in the middle. whoever sent you this letter had a lot of free time or was somewhat wealthy because even the corners were dazzled with golden decoration. finally deciding to not ignore the icebreaker, you walked over to the kitchen yet again and popped off the wax seal with a butter knife. mediocre process, but it worked. you opened it carefully, taking out a folder paper with cursive hand writing on it.

your eyes widened at the sight you saw. it was made with tea stained paper. nobody you knew did that, or spent this much time on a letter. therefore this must've been from someone you were unfamiliar with. the black cursive writing etched in pen seemed to stare back into your very soul as you read it aloud.

"dear charlie,

our son, asriel, wishes to invite you over! we normally don't write letters of this fashion to anybody. but he was absolutely ecstatic after spending time with you in the library, he says you saved him from a human delinquent and he liked your enthusiasm. if you wish to come over some time soon, we would love to offer you a cup of buttercup tea and a slice of butterscotch cinnamon pie!

on another less sappy note, we are aware the humans accepted you as the monster soul researcher. we believe we have some information we could pass on to you and would love to answer any questions you have.

with best regards, asgore and toriel dreemurr."

your eyes scanned the letter over and over, mind blown as your jaw hanged in astonishment. the king and queen had recognized you for a kind act towards someone you didn't even know was their son. even if you did know this fact though, you still would've acted the exact same towards him. your excitement began to finally surface, a smile blooming on your face. they invited you to join them. after all, who would refuse a chance like this?

you were definitely telling vee ALL of this. but for now, you needed to keep your composure. this evening you would meet the king and queen of the monsters. your soul resonated with a deep passion, you were determined to make a good first impression besides the one they had been informed of, and damn well were you going to make it.