beach

i sit on my bed as i fiddle with jj's phone number in my hands, deciding if i should go with him and his friends tonight. i probably have his phone number memorized from the amount of times i have looked at it. i finally decide to text him.

y/n
hello maybank! it's
y/n, i have decided
to go with you and
your friends
tonight,
give me a ride? xx

jj:
sure thing! pick u up @8 :))

i spent the rest of the afternoon deciding on what i should wear. i spend most of the time digging through the boxes i have yet to unpack, trying to find a possible outfit. i finally decided on a blue bikini with jean shorts and a t-shirt. real creative. i look at my alarm clock

7:55

i get a little nervous but i try to keep my cool, i wait by my porch until i hear a dirt bike pull up into my driveway

you have got to be joking

"do i look like the type of girl that rides dirt bikes maybank?" i say as i walk out of my house and close the door behind me

"we'll you gotta be if you wanna come with tonight. otherwise you can stay and unpack your boxes" he teases

i roll my eyes and hop on the back of his dirt bike. he revs up the engine and takes off. not gonna lie, it was pretty scary. i reach around him and wrap my arms around his waist, until i felt his abs. holy shit. i knew he was built but not that built. i don't remove my arms, discreetly touching his abs throughout the ride. at one point, he moved forward into my hands. i think he liked it.

we finally got to the beach and i hopped off the back of his dirt bike as he introduced me to his friends.

"y/n, this is kiara but we call her kie, that's john b, pope, and sarah. this is y/n" they all waved

seem pretty nice, can't be too bad

i sit by jj most of the night because he's the only one i actually know. we were sitting on a towel on the sand watching the waves until he reaches into his pocket and pulls out weed and starts rolling a blunt.

"you ever try it?" he asks me

"no"

"you wanna?"

"cant hurt"

he lights the blunt, takes a hit and then passes it to me. i inhale a lot of it, it feels like my lungs are about to collapse inside of my body. i cough out the smoke and slip curse words in between coughs. as i'm finally done coughing i look over at jj and see him laughing hysterically. i hit him in the arm still trying to get the smoke out of my lungs.

he moves closer to my face, only a few inches away now. we don't break eye contact, he licks his lips and leans in about to kiss me. until we hear -

"jj maybank. living up to his reputation. once a player always a player" the boy said

"god damn it rafe. why do you always have to come here. why cant you go to one of your many islands you own"

rafe?

rafe bends down on his knees so his eyes are level with mine, "this boy, is trouble. stay away from him unless you want to get beat by his dad as well-" he gets cut off when jj punches him and he falls to the ground. rafe gets up and wipes the blood coming from his lip. he runs towards jj in attempt to tackle him, but i stick my foot out, causing him to trip on it and hit his head on jj's boot. 

"oh shit" jj and i say at the same time

jj rolls him over with his foot so he's facing up. unconscious. i reach my hand down to his neck to feel for a pulse

"well he's alive so we can go" i say to jj

we both start booking it to his dirt bike and i tell him just to go to my house and we can spend the night there since my parents are never really around.

like usual, i wrapped my arms around him feeling his abs. this time i got sad that the ride was over.

i walked up to my door and unlocked it and held it open for jj. i lead him up to my room and we both sit on the end of my bed in awkward silence.

"i don't want you to worry" he said breaking the silence

"want to talk about it?"

"not really" he says, playing with the rings on his fingers

i walk up to my dresser and take out some pajamas and walk into the bathroom and change to go to bed. i come out and jj is no longer on the end of my bed. i walk downstairs to look for him and i see him laying down, crying, on my couch. i walk up to him and squat down so we're looking at each other.

"i don't think you're trouble. and don't think what that douchebag rafe or whatever says is true"

he lays there emotionless until he completely breaks down sobbing. "it is true. about my dad"

this one was honestly worse then the last one goodbye. leave opinions and requests!! <3

word count: 920