A Night to Remember

Depuis le début

That’s where her message cuts out. Looks like she forgot to turn it off on time. Yep, sounds like Rinko. That was pretty adorable.

“Yukina! What were you doing?” Lisa asked me. “You seemed a bit preoccupied.”

“It seems like everyone from Roselia sent me a message at once to wish me happy birthday. I feel so happy.”

“So they did it,” Lisa said. “I told them to!”

“You did? Why?” I asked her.

“Because I know you were going with me after school, so we wouldn’t be able to all hang out as a group… and I wanted to do something extra-special for you, Yukina.”

I blushed a bit, but hid it. “I-I said you didn’t have to…”

“Why wouldn’t I? And I’ll keep doing something for your birthday every single year until the end of time!”

I couldn’t help but blush. “L-Lisa… thank you.”

“Thank the others, too! I’m sure they’ll have presents for you after all this, as well!”

I nodded, and continued to eat the rest of my lunch with Lisa. This is only the beginning! We’ve got a long night ahead of us, wherever Lisa decides to take me!

After School, at the front gates…

I waited for Lisa at the front gates, and once she showed up, we headed to my house. I have to ask my dad to see if he’s okay with me spending the night in the big city.

Yukina’s House, Living Room

Lisa and I entered my house, and my dad was sitting in the kitchen, reading some newspaper.

“Father, I’m home,” I said to him. “I brought Lisa.”

“Hello, Lisa,” my dad told her. “What brings you here today?”

“Ah, well… I wanted to take Yukina to Kabukicho tonight,” Lisa said. “I wanted to make sure it was okay with you.”

“Kabukicho, huh?”
He looked up from his newspaper and laughed. “I remember performing there, but that was a really, really long time ago.”

“Oh, yeah! You used to sing a lot!” Lisa said. “So you know the place? We’re going as soon as the sun goes down.”

“It’s a really nice place at night, but it’s also pretty dangerous. Can I trust you two to stay safe?”
My dad looked at Lisa, then me.

“I will protect Yukina with my life!” Lisa said, putting her hand on her chest.

“I will do my best to protect Lisa, as well as myself,” I replied.

“Then I see no reason to stop you two. Have fun tonight, but don’t stay out too late. Tomorrow’s a school day!”

“Of course!” Lisa exclaimed. “Ooh, I’m so excited! Kabukicho’s such an iconic place. I’ll tell you all about it when we get there! I did so much research and looked at pictures just for this day!”

I smiled at Lisa. She’s really going all out for today, huh?
Kabukicho… I’ve only heard of it, but I’ve never been there. I wonder how this’ll turn out?

Part Two: The Night at Kabukicho

That Night, at Kabukicho

Lisa and I took the train to Kabukicho. It’s not as far as I thought, as it’s still in Tokyo, just a little west of us.
While on the train, I read that it’s mostly known as a “nightlife” and a “red-light district”. I really, really hope Lisa knows that…