___________________________________

You face, still 50 shades of red, felt burning. You fanned yourself, but you couldn't help burning.

"ROLL CALL!"

You jumped at the loud yelling. You saw 2 men walking to the small wooden stage. You recognized one of them as the Lord earlier, and a young man with barely any facial hair. "I am your General, Nan Jishang! This is your Crown Prince! Bow before him!"

All the soldiers started kowtowing including you. You never knew that the Brooding Mister was the Crown Prince. Why would he want to die during war? Why would he want to fight and get his hands dirty? Wouldn't he just be happy in the Palace, surrounded with his wealth and family?

____________________________________

_____________________________________

"Your Majesty. What should we do with 5th Princess?" A'ruo asked.

The Empress put down her book as she looked at A'ruo. "What do you mean?"

A'ruo got out a letter. "Old Master Nan wanted to give you a note."

The Empress took the note as she read through it. 'Yunxia, our family's power is slowly fading from court. His Majesty doesn't even want to hear my ideas. Also, Langxi'ah, is old enough to get married. We must find a strong backer in case we fall. Yuhua came to me earlier, saying Langxi did something to her.'

The Empress place the letter to the side. "A'ruo, tell me what Langxi did."

A'ruo bowed. "Yes. I sent a spy earlier to see where 5th Princess was going. She went to 2nd Master's manor. The spy said he saw her walking in and giving Miss Yuhua a bracelet. Also, she was insulting her because Miss Yuhua is going to get married to the Crown Prince on the 4th day on the 5th month."

The Empress sighed. "That child. She's so attached to her elder brother. Sure they are half siblings, but we can't have incest in the Imperial Family. Otherwise there children will end up like Emperor Yonghuang's incest bread monsters."

The Empress sighed as she rubbed the corners of her eyebrows. "Ask His Majesty for a list of wealthy clansmen from Lan, Bei, Wu'annam and Soyong. We need big backers but don't tell His Majesty that."

"Yes, Your Highness."

_____________________________