"We did kind of kidnap him in the first place," I point out. 

We all turn around but the monk stops us. 

"Wait," We turn back around. "The Buddha teaches: Every memory lives somewhere deep within. Perhaps you should bring your question to the garden of meditation." 

"Did you understand a word he just said?" Phil asks us, the monkey resting on his shoulders. 

"Yeah, I got about two-thirds," Stu answers. 

"We have to go to the garden of meditation," I explain. "If we meditate, maybe it'll help us." 

They look skeptical but I waste no time going back to the place they hit the men. I sit down behind the monks meditating, hearing the others taking seats beside me. Phil is to my right and Stu is on my left. I close my eyes, taking a deep breath and trying to relax. 

"This is a waste of time. I don't remember anything," Phil whispers. 

"Sh," I say. "You have to open your mind."

"What?" He asks confused. 

"Just shut up and don't think about anything," I hiss. But nothing comes to my mind. "Never mind. I got nothing. Stu?"

"Nope," He opens his eyes and looks at Alan. "Alan?"

"Alan?" I repeat when the man-child doesn't respond. 

It takes a few more seconds before Alan's eyes open. "I know where to go." 

~~~~~

We stare up the sign Siam Sam's, the place Alan said we have to go to. I look at the women outside the strip club, wearing tiny school uniforms as they flirt with a man. We enter and I look around at the women dancing. 

I wonder if I should've become a stripper? 

"No," I turn my head to the left at Phil. 

"I said that out loud, didn't I?"

"Yep."

"Why?" I look at the women. "I used to dance. They make good money and it seems like it could be fun."

"No," He repeats. "You're Aspen Price, the lawyer. You're not a stripper." 

I look up at him, realizing he isn't looking at any of the women. He's not even looking at me. He's looking straight ahead. What are you thinking about, Phil?

"Bros, finally!" I look ahead, too, at the man walking up to us. "Is he coming or not? I've been waiting all day for him." 

"I'm sorry, waiting for who?" Phil asks him confused. 

"Chow," He answers. "That dick-ass fuck," We all freeze. "Why, what's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong," I quickly say before any of them can say something stupid. 

"Okay, good," He says. "Look at this," He grabs something wrapped in a towel. "Look what I bring for him. Check it out," A fucking gun is revealed. "Huh?" 

"No, no, no, no," Phil steps back and I subconsciously step back with him, grabbing onto his arm. 

"$6,000 American," The man says. 

"Wow, it looks so real," Alan picks it up and it starts firing. 

Phil puts his head on my head, forcing me to duck with him. I lean into him, always finding safety in his hold. We lock eyes for a mere second. As if I can read his mind, I nod that I'm okay. 

"Sorry, sorry," Alan says after dropping the gun. 

"Alan, what the fuck?!" I yell, standing straight.