20. There Are No Happy Endings

Zacznij od początku

       "It is such a pleasure to see you again your graces," Camilla said as she led the couple toward the guest. The duchess turned around and Dylan's breathe hitched.

This couldn't be happening, he thought.

       "This must be the man of the hour," William who stood next to her said with a teasing smile as he extended his hand for Dylan to take. The brunette boy hesitantly shook the Duke's hand.

       Camilla grabbed onto Dylan's arm and smiled up at him lovingly.

       "Your graces, meet my fiancé, Oliver Somerset Duke of Lorne," Camilla introduced. She had not noticed the mortified expressions that the Duke and Duchess shared.

       "D-Duke of Lorne?" Ella said with moist eyes.

        "That's impossible," William's tone held both anger and disbelief.

       Flora, Hayden and Rebecca stared at the couple confused. Rebecca looked between the couple and the so-called Duke of Somerset.

       "Do you happen to be acquaintances of his grace?" Flora asked curiously.

       Ella chuckled bitterly. "I used to be married to the Duke of Lorne."

       "What do you me-"

        "The Duke of Lorne was my cousin," William glared his teary eyes at Dylan. The brunette boy sunk at the stares he was receiving and Camilla held onto her hand wishing this was all just a terrible dream. "The real Duke of Lorne is dead. He died years ago from cancer and this man is nothing but a lying imposter."

       "What?!" Hayden barked in disbelief. Flora clasped her mouth as she turned to face Dylan with disbelief clouding her eyes. Rebecca was stuck in a trance as she tried processing the news.

       "H-He is a d-different Duke," Camilla tried to argue but it was to no vain.

       "Camilla, step away from that man right now," Hayden ordered, but instead of listening the princess only clung onto her lover tightly. "CAMILLA GET AWAY FROM HIM NOW!"

       "No!" Camilla yelled back as the tears started to roll down her cheeks. Dylan felt the knot inside his throat tightened as he gently unclasped Camilla's hold from him. Camilla turned to Dylan with bloodshot eyes. "What are you doing?"

       "Listen to your brother," he said calmly as he tried his best to hold back the tears. Camilla shook her head, but Dylan continued to push her away.

"Guards!" Rebecca finally spoke and the royal guards walked into the room. "Take this man away."

"No! Mamma, please! I love him!" Camilla cried out as Hayden pulled her back. She tried to wiggle out of his grip, but his strength was ten times stronger than hers.

       "You cannot love a man who lied and deceived you," Rebecca replied as she glared at her daughter.

       Dylan accepted his fate and did not fight back the guards as they cuffed him and led him out. He looked back at the royal family and a distraught Camilla.

       "I am sorry for all the pain I have caused," he said as a silent tear ran down his cheek. The guards shoved him lightly and he continued to walk out the door with his head hanging down in guilt.

       "Dylan!" Camilla cried out. She freed herself from her brother's grip and ran toward the door but Benjamin and another guard blocked her path. "Get. Out. Of. My. Way!"

       "I am sorry, but we cannot do that your royal highness," Benjamin replied.

       "I am your princess and you will obey me!"

       Camilla gasped as she felt a hand turn her around and then collider with her cheek. She looked up, massaging the strong sting.

       "Mother!" Hayden growled while Flora gasped.

"You insolent child," Rebecca gritted her teeth together. An untamable furry glimmered in her cold eyes. "How dare you side with that criminal and lie to your family?!"

"I did it because I love him," Camilla seethed. "Unlike you, he allowed me to be myself. No dumb facades. Just me! Camilla Valentino! Not the perfect Princess everyone wants me to be!"

       Rebecca could not even bare look at her daughter. She had turned into a disgrace and all because of that stupid boy.

       "Lock her up in her room and make sure she does not leave," Rebecca instructed the guards.

       "Mother, I think you are going a bit too far," Hayden said, but the Queen Mother would not listen to him.

       Rebecca glared at the guards. "Do as I say."

       "Yes your majesty," they nodded obediently before dragging the princess behind them.

Author's Note Hi my lovelies! First off, for those of you who had received a notification last week about an update, I am so sorry

Author's Note
Hi my lovelies! First off, for those of you who had received a notification last week about an update, I am so sorry. I was writing on my phone and accidentally published the chapter. With that said, here is chapter 20 of The Princess and the Fraud. What do you guys think? Will Dylan end up behind bars? Will Camilla do something to get him out? Will the royal family forgive him? Let me know your predictions in the comments. Next chapter will be up shortly.

CAMILLA'S DRESS