"Let's eat before continuing our day, yeah?"

As they ordered, they heard a couple of girls gossiping. "Who does she think she is?" A girl cooed to her friend. "I know, how dare she even be close to Rindou."

She lowered her head as her demon spoke, 

'aww is my little doll showing emotion?'

Great timing.

"Shut your mouth."

'Poor little thing.'

"Silence."

'Out of the topic but, those girls were right though. How dare you get closer and closer to him?'

"That's because..."

'You don't have the right to-'

But before she could hear her demon finish its sentence, her ears were being blocked by one hand and the other being blocked by his side.

"Don't listen to anything." Is what the younger brother said before paying for their food and leading her to the top floor of the school building.

As the fresh air welcomed them, they sat down and watched as the sun set, making the afternoon less bad.

The boy tossed her food to her, which is a simple sandwich and chocolate milk. Based on her looks, she doesn't really eat so he guessed this can keep her up until dinner time.

She muttered a small 'thank you' before starting to unwrap the snack and eating it slowly.

It was dead silent except for the sound of two people eating and sipping their drink.

"So, are we going to cut our contacts now?" The female asked. "What do you mean?" The male asked back.

"We're done with the play, and therefore, we don't really need to stay by each other's side, right?"

He doesn't like it.

He knows that this day will come, but he's not ready. 

No, not yet.

He hated the fact that he still wanted to stay close by her. To still be with her.

Rindou Haitani despises himself for losing control.

"No."

She was shocked to say the least.

"I'm sorry?" She asked again. "No." He repeated himself. "But-"

"I'm not agreeing that we're going to cut ties." 

She sighed before crawling closer to him as she ran her soft fingers through his hair.

"Alright then, if you say so."

He too went closer as he crashed his head onto her chest.

"I'm feeling embarrassed now."

"I know."

They continued to be in that position for a while now, the girl running her hands through his locks while the boy just felt like he wants to sleep right then and there.

How cute.

You see dear readers, these two feels like they have made it into the stage where both of them are now comfortable with each other.

But in the eyes of the Gods out there, they're just two dumb but destined people who were meant to meet and be with one another.

They just don't know it yet.

Let's keep that a secret, shall we?

We wouldn't want to ruin a surprise for the both of them.

Even if I want to tell them already, I can't.

Stop it, self.

The both of them watched the sun getting lower and lower as they sat there in each other's presence.

After a few minutes, the big bright blue moon was now shown in the sky together with the stars.

The female mentally laughed to herself. Back then, she would observe the moon all alone in her room with no one observing it with her.

But now look at her, together with someone she never thought she would meet or even encounter.

That's some improvement right there.

She guessed it was now 6:30, meaning once she gets home, her parents would scold her on why she was late this time. 

They would definitely ground her since it's Friday and there's no school for the next two days.

"We should go home now, Haitani. It's almost seven o'clock."

"And so what if it is? I want to stay like this for awhile. Why? Do you want to go home?"

"No, I don't want to either."

Maybe being scolded can be okay, just this once.

___ 

I'm not good with writing specific parts, so please bear with me!

- Shirahime.