|What lies Ahead|

Previously On |The Walking Dead |.
we'll see which side spills more blood. The people we've encountered , the worst kind... plunderers, the kind that take by force. It's the same as it ever was. Look Ocarina why are you trying to risk you're life when you're kids need you? I like our chances.Today I did the thing I was most afraid of. I lost control. I killed someone. I used to think the worst feeling in the world was losing someone you loved, but I was wrong. The worst feeling is the moment that you realize that you've lost yourself.you love me too. Because there's no way that you could've been with me the way that you were. This is our extinction event. I won't allow my blood to kill anymore innocent people I said. There's your chance. Take it. I'm grateful. The day will come when you won't be. to come into somebody's life, make them care and then just check out.your blood is called Black blood it's an genetic trait that makes people resistant to radiation and is expressed through black blood.

Rick: I guess I'm losing hope that you can hear me. But there's always that chance, isn't there? That slim chance. It's all about slim chances now. I tried to do everything right, keep people safe. I tried, Morgan. I tried. Our group's smaller now. We lost another, day before last. It was her choice. I won't say I blame her, but she lost faith. The CDC was a dead end. I met a man there, a scientist. He told me something. He told me... It doesn't matter. What matters is we're moving on. Atlanta's done. We're gonna try for Fort Benning. We're facing a long hard journey, maybe even harder than I can imagine. But it can't be harder than our journey's been so far. Can it? 125 miles-- That's what lies ahead. And I'm trying hard not to lose faith. I can't. If I do, the others... My family, my wife... my son. There's just a few of us now. So we've got to stick together, fight for each other, be willing to lay down our lives for each other if it comes to that. Son, let's saddle up. Rick: It's the only chance we've got. ( Engine starts ) Be careful out there, Morgan. I hope you and Duane are okay. Stay off the road. Keep moving. Keep your eyes open. I don't know, just-- just be safe. Maybe we'll see you in Fort Benning someday. Rick signing off.

Just thinking about our trip to the Grand Canyon with Carl

Just thinking about our trip to the Grand Canyon with Carl. ( Laughs ) I don't remember that. No, you wouldn't. You were just a baby. Besides, we never made it past Fort Worth. No, you got sick. I never knew a baby could throw up so much. Carl: Ick. Yeah, ick. The doctor in Texas said you'd live. Then we turned around and drove home. Carl: That sucks. No, it was a good trip. The best. Can we go see it? The Grand Canyon? I'd like to. Sophia: I would too. Can we go? We'd never go without you and your mom. That's a promise. Looks complicated. The trick is getting all these pieces back together the same way. I could clean yours, show you how. Oh yeah. It's a sweet piece. It was a gift from my father. He gave it to me just before Amy and I took off on our road trip. He said two girls on their own should be able to defend themselves. Smart man, your father. Look, it's a-- it's a limited capacity. See? Only holds seven rounds. Dale: Oh jeez. Aw no. See a way through? Uh, maybe we should just go back. There's an interstate bypass-- We can't spare the fuel. Jeez. ( Clanks ) ( Engine sputtering ) I said it. Didn't I say it? A thousand times. Dead in the water. Problem, Dale? Just a small matter of being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no hope of-- Okay, that was dumb. If you can't find a radiator hose here... There's a whole bunch of stuff we can find. I can siphon more fuel from these cars for a start. Maybe some water. Or food. This is a graveyard. I don't know how I feel about this. All right, all right, here we go. T-Dog: Come on, y'all. Just look around, gather what you can.