40.

19 days before tour

Maeves pov

It was as if me and luke had agreed on not talking about the tour situation anytime soon. As much as I wanted to join him on the Youngblood tour I felt trapped between my head and my heart.

I want to be with luke, i don't want him to think this was about me wanting to put space between him and I. The last thing I wanted was for him to leave but we both have our own things to focus on.

I just don't get why he's making it so personal. I have to stay here for work, that's that. He seemed so stuck on what us being apart could mean for our relationship. I mean I'd like to think after everything we've been through he knows some distance wouldn't mean the end of us.

I was just hoping the argument we had would be the first and last one. We got on well the rest of the day following the incident. Luke went out surfing with Ashton and I invited the girls over for a movie by Luke's house.

When the day had ended me and luke avoided the tension floating around us and just enjoyed each other's company talking about things as we laid in bed.

We spent a good chunk of yesterday morning jogging around the block. I hadn't exercised or ran in a long time, keeping up with him was hard at first.

I had to admit finally being public was so much fun. I could finally post about Luke and see all the nice things the fans were saying.

Right now I was in the kitchen scavenging for food. Since Luke got the house stocked up on on our first day we haven't gotten more since. We were now on the brink of having to eat bread crumbs.

"We should go get some food today. There's a supermarket near here we can go to." I said directing my question towards Luke that was in the tv room on his phone.

"You sure? We can always call someone to deliver some stuff for us." Luke said and I rolled my eyes at how lazy he had gotten.

"Really? Call someone. Don't your legs work." I said closing the cupboard door I had just looked in and walked back to Luke.

"I mean we could but do you really want to risk the paparazzi?" He called as I walked into the room.

I mean we've always dealt with the paparazzi... I guess it would be different now that we were dating.

"When me and ash went surfing the paparazzi were extremely aggressive. Getting all up in Ashton's face,you know Ashton is a chill guy but he was ready to smack someone." Luke said.

"You didn't tell me that Luke?" I looked at him confuses because this sounded serious so I couldn't believe that he hadn't told me.

"Oh i just didn't want to bother you with it. I'm okay Maeve." He said assuring me.

"I get that but I still want to know when these sort of things happen." Getting to the couch I took Luke's phone and put it down beside him. I then got on his lap with my legs on either side of him.

"I'm sorry." He said brushing his thumb over my ribcage.

"You can make it up to me by coming with me to get groceries." I said slyly.

"Mmhh I'm not that sorry." He said squinting his eyes.

"Come on." I said playfully pushing his shoulder.

"I'm kidding." He said with a smile.

"You better."

***

"We need eggs, bacon, cook and spray, sausages, ham-"

"Okay slow down I'm only one man." Luke said pushing the cart putting stuff into the basket.