Chapter 20: We Definitely Underestimated Him

Começar do início

Tanjiro: "We know, and we're sorry."

Akaza: "Honestly, I was against his plan."

Kyojuro: "Then how come you didn't tell me the truth?"

I went silent.

Akaza: "..I don't know.. I wanted to, but the words didn't come out."

Honestly, I didn't want Senjuro to be right about the fact that Kyojuro might have depression, and that stress would just make it worse.

Kyojuro: "I'm impressed Senjuro was able to convince both of you to lie, especially when Tanjiro has a good heart and would never lie to anybody. Of course, if Senjuro is willing to lie about a problem this big, then it worries me even more to think that he could be lying about a lot of things. For all I know, he could have been abused whilst I was gone on my missions. Who knows what that psychopath might have put him through."

Kyojuro let out a concerned sigh. A minute later, Senjuro jogged back into the room.

Senjuro: "I found it!"

He held out the medicine. Kyojuro put his normal expression back on.

Kyojuro: "Thank you, brother."

Senjuro smiled at him as Kyojuro patted his head. Senjuro sat down on the other side of him.

Akaza: "It's getting kind of late, I can tell the sun is going down from where the shadows are angled on the ground outside."

Kyojuro: "Yeah, I'm hungry."

Senjuro: "You're always hungry."

Kyojuro: "Valid."

Kyojuro sighed. He looked over at the bag he set down earlier.

Kyojuro: "Since we have company over right now, and as the host, I gotta make something for you guys, but I can't really do that in my condition.."

Senjuro stood up.

Senjuro: "I'll do it."

Tanjiro stood up as well.

Tanjiro: "I'll help. I used to help my mother cook for my 5 younger siblings."

Senjuro: "Thanks."

Kyojuro chuckled.

Kyojuro: "Here's the thing. Mitsuri taught me this sushi recipe, so only me and her know the recipe for the dish I'm wanting to make."

I stood up and stretched my arm.

Akaza: "Well then guide us through the recipe, hot stuff."

Kyojuro flushed pink. I actually didn't mean to say that out loud, but now that I did, I don't regret it.

Senjuro: "I-"

Tanjiro: "EYO?"

Even Nezuko blinked at us.

Akaza: "Kyojuro, your face is kinda pink." 😏

Kyojuro: "Th-THAT WAS UNCALLED FOR!"

I winked at him and he looked like he was gonna kill me. Suddenly, Nezuko said something to me telepathically that I'd never expect a kid her age would say.

Akaza: "WHAT?"

At the speed of light, I turned to look at her. She was doing the eyebrow thing.

Senjuro: "Oh god, what is she telling him?"

She continued to say more things that further embarrassed me, and my face became more flushed than Kyojuro's. I quickly put my hand on her bamboo stick (as if I was shutting her mouth), before I had reached my melting point.