Episode 5 - With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Start from the beginning

Well, at least now you know where it is.

And you just can't let go of your damn sarcasm. "Buddy, I don't know if you've noticed, but the power is out. Even if we wanted to let you out, we wouldn't be able to."

He knows you have a point, but the guy is desperate. "Look, we're all prisoners in this station. So either we play nice and help each other out—" He pauses the moment you hear another sound from somewhere in the garage. "Shit. It's coming."

Leon gets Matilda out of his holster out of instinct. "What's coming?"

The man backs up, now standing near the wall as he looks around, seemingly scared and impatient at the same time. "C'mon—c'mon, don't be an asshole, okay! You need this! Just get me the fuck outta here!"

He's only barely finished his sentence when somebody's hand suddenly breaks through the wall. The huge hand picks the man up by his head, lifting his body from the floor. Leon has his gun raised, aiming at whatever the hell is happening in front of you, but you both just watch. The hand stops moving the man for a brief second until he squeezes, breaking the man's skull.

Holy shit.

Holy fucking shit.

You watch with your mouth agape how the man's body drops to the floor, mouth hanging open with his eyes nearly popping out. Whatever it was that just crushed his head is walking off with loud footsteps, the blood of the man still on the wall.

The sight is horrible. You actually want to throw up now. It makes you feel sick to your stomach. With wide eyes, you look at Leon. "What the fuck!?"

Before either of you can do anything, you hear footsteps again — this time much softer ones, heels. You've already grabbed your gun and Leon aims at where the footsteps are coming from.

"Show yourself!"

And the mystery lady is back. She just struts towards you casually, swaying her hips. "It's just me, so you can put that thing away."

You put your weapon back in its place. "I don't even know what happened... he just... got crushed." You're still heavily breathing.

She puts her hands on the bars. "I told you to get out of here. You wouldn't want to end up like Ben, would you?"

So that's his name. Huh. He didn't strike you as a Ben. "Wait, you knew him?"

"He was an informant. Had information of use to my investigation." The woman crosses her arms, eyeing the ugly and bloody sight in front of her as if it's some fascinating painting in a museum.

"So what he said about Irons was true?"

You're not sure whether she doesn't know the answer or just doesn't want to give it to you, but she begins to strut away again. Leon decides that he's had enough and grabs her by the arm. He usually doesn't like getting touchy with people — so he really surprised himself when he felt how much he enjoys holding your hand — but this lady is annoying him to the point he's willing to do anything.

"You can't keep walking away from us!" He states, and said lady shrugs his arm off. "We don't even know your name."

She looks at the both of you through her sunglasses. "As I recall, you haven't exactly introduced yourselves either."