one

Shota Aizawa and Emi Fukukado have lost count of the days they've spent behind the cells. Where they are and how they got there in the first place remains unknown, for them and the rest of the hero society. 

Their skin grew pale as they lost track of day and night. It's always dark in there anyway, they'd sleep all day to wake up at night. But it doesn't change the fact that even when they're up, the only thing that differs is that their eyes are opened. A masked man would come twice a day to drop their food, which is nothing but a simple sandwich and a cup of water. 

Emi swallowed her saliva in disgust as she stared at the coming food, no longer spitting rude words to the masked person as she would until days ago. Even a cheerful personality grew tired after a while. 

Aizawa noticed it. "You should eat it."

But no words came out of her. She continue staring as she unconsciously heard Aizawa chewing his sandwich. "Would you like mine instead?"

Emi genuinely giggled. Now that they spent so much time together, those kinds of jokes are simply funny. She wonders if anyone will laugh at it if she brought it up on her comedy gig someday in the future. Not only because he just took a bite, but their food was precisely the same thing, made by the same hands. 

Aizawa smirked at it himself. It wouldn't be a lie to say he was pretty proud of it. Now that he spent so much time with the comedian herself, he's getting fond of jokes-dark ones at least. 

Aizawa lifts Emi's plate in front of her. "Would you like me to feed you? It seems like your bones getting weak. Maybe it's because we're here for so long that I didn't notice you changing. But this might as well be your granny form."

Emi rolled her eyes as a faint smile was formed on her lips. She then took the sandwich and aggressively took a bite, staring at Aizawa teasingly while she did. The man simply smirked before taking another bite of his peanut butter sandwich. 

Emi glanced at him with the corner of her eyes, her cellmate. 

"Thank you, Sho. For cheering me up, I know you're trying." 

"Don't mention it."

Her deep thoughts are that if it wasn't because of Eraserhead, she'd be mentally dead by now. Emi's just not used to not having people all around her to talk to, while it's the other way around for Aizawa, to the point that he started feeling that keeping her mentally alive was his job to do. 

For when exactly they started calling each other by their own names they did not know either. 

Their back was pressed against the wall as they stared at the cells. 

"Emi?"

"Yeah?"

"Let's play a game."

"What game?"

"Guess how many days we've been and will be here, the one who got a closer result get to make a request."

Emi crossed her hands to her knees as the night starts striking cold to her skin. She lied her chin on it for a little amount of warmth. Aizawa noticed but didn't think there's anything he can do about it. 

"How do we know who will win?"

 Aizawa lightly grins. "We can both win and make a request of each other every single day since none of us know anything."

Emi smiled faintly. "That's one way of doing it."

They hadn't notice. But throughout the weeks, their talking voice turns to light whispers that only they can hear, and they are slowly sitting closer to each other. Compared to how it was in the beginning when Aizawa would simply mind his own business and Emi would constantly find peace by annoying him. It wasn't like that anymore. Emi grew tired with the silence, while Aizawa gain strength; one way or another. 

A few seconds later, it's as if they have forgotten about the game they had been talking about. 

Emi yawned, trying to keep her eyes open since she just slept not too long ago. "What are you thinking right now?"

"A nice warm bed after a nice warm long bath while it's raining outside after a long full-day mission." He felt Emi's head slowly resting on his shoulder as she drift off to sleep. 

"Sounds nice."

Aizawa chuckled as he glanced at her and gently picked her head to a better position. "I am going to make sure we make out of here alive."