MY MATE! Part One

Start from the beginning

"And that means?"

"She doesn't like you running in the trees. Duh!"

"But...."

He cuts me off. "Listen. Mehleynda said to tell you, and I quote. 'Just tell him to get his butt out of the darn trees.' So get yo butt on the ground and run with yo mate!He yells.

I sigh through my nose jumpping down. I walk over to her, and sit. Raising an eyebrow I silently ask. 'What now?'

She stands up.

"Should I be afraid of that look in her eyes?" I inquire.

She comes over to me and starts begirding me.

~~~Birayn's P.O.V.~~~

Kazi jumps down from the tree so gracefully, my breath catches. Walking over to me he sits, and raises an eyebrow. I get up, walk over, and slowly circle him. Checking him out.

Damn he is one fine leopard!

My tail grazes his neck. I smirk in self-satisfaction when he shudders. I playfully nip at his left hind leg making him go tense and hiss at me, standing up he turns and glowers at me. I whimper and rub my head against his neck. He relaxes instantly, then purrs.

"There you are!" Patty yips cheerfully.

I look behind Kazi. Yep there he is, tail wagging and all. "Where did you go?"

"I was eating while your mate was fighting with that flea you call your ex." He explains.

Figures. "Aww, did we leave you behind?" I tease.

He makes a fake pouty face. "Yes. I didn't know where you went."

Rolling my eyes I look at Kazi again. I jeark my head in the dereaction the white lion went. He lifts a foot, looks back and nips my ear. My body goes hot. How can he do that and just run off!? I growl running after him.

-------35 minutes later-------

We've been running for what feels to be about eightteen miles. Following Kazi, with me right on his heels, we emerge form the forest. He stops abuptly, not expecting it I plow right into him.

Of course he doesn't sway, not even a little.

Not understanding why he stopped I move next to him and see that there's a cliff. Ah. That explains it.

I peer down and see what looks like the ruins of a castle. Hearing a soft sound from beside me I look at Kazi and see him staring down at the castle. The same look on his face dad gets when he looks at the pack-house. Pride.

I nudge him with my nose, he looks at me. I glance at the castle and look back at him. He smiles and walks around me, I follow him down a rocky path. And there's the white lion, laying down at the bottom sleeping. We get to the base and Kazi hits the lions head with his paw. The lion peeks up with one eye then yawns, getting up he goes in the ruins.

Trailing after them I go into the ruins. Down a narrow hall way, a left, and right. Then we stop. The lion looks at me with a puzzled expression. Kazi hisses and the lion just shakes his head making a chuckling noise and body slams into the left wall.

The stone wall on the right opens. I feel my eyes go wide. What the hay? Kazi walks in and flips a swich with his nose. He goes down a winding staircase, coming to a dead end. He gonna slam into the wall too? Instead he stands on his hind legs and pulls on a vine. The dead end goes up via the ceiling.