ARRANGED MARRIAGE

“ We both are business partners cum close friends, our children are best buddies ever since childhood. We all are like a family. They both know each other pretty well.” Sasi's father smiled.

“Yes, I never gave it a thought

“Yes, I never gave it a thought. Why didn't we think about them! Our family bond would strength too.” Shaurya's father agreed.

They all have decided to discuss their idea of ‘Marriage proposal’ with their children

Sasi who needs atleast two years time to build her career, denied earlier but the family kept nagging how it's right time for girls to settle in life. Age is what they care about, more than her mental state.

Though definition of being settled in life is different in her view, she is convinced with the fact that her best friend and her family will always support her goals.

Shaurya who is grateful to his parents for everything, couldn't say no to them. Though he isn't prepared, he is made to believe that parents can't be wrong.

Initially Sasi and Shaurya are dumbstruck. They never have any feelings for each other. They are best friends and that's it.

But they don't have any interest in others either.

.......................................

“Best friends would have compatibility, they can become an ideal couple. ”

“Why  go looking around for a stranger,  invest time and feelings, when you can happily marry someone you know very well?”

“Parents are biggest well wishers!"

“World is dangerous. Cheaters and criminals are everywhere. Better have alliance within family friends!"

The only reasons why they both said yes are these suggestions, both from elders, friends,  and their own confused brains.

Everyone is happy, except Sasi and Shaurya. They aren't upset but puzzled for sure. They just continued to be friends the following days, like nothing has changed in their lives.