"Grab my hand I'm drowning.

I feel my heart pounding.

Why haven't you found me yet?

I hold you so proudly.

Traumas they surround me.

I wish you just loved me back."

"He cares for us, but he thinks we don't care for him," Tanjiro's eyes gathered tears as he came to that realization. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"Grab my hand I'm drowning.

I feel my heart pounding.

Why haven't you found me yet."

Zenitsu's voice wobbled with the last lines.

More tears leaked from Tanjiro's eyes when a muffled sob escaped from behind the door.

He couldn't take it anymore.

With a cry, he burst through the door and enveloped the surprised boy with a hug.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" he cried into the blond's shoulder.

"T-Tanjiro? Wha-" Zenitsu stammered in shock.

"I'm sorry I haven't been there for you! I'm sorry that you don't know I care! I'm sorry I haven't been a better friend!" Tanjiro rambled off his apologies as he held the other teen close.

"I... I am sorry too, kuitsu." Inosuke mumbled as he sat down next to them.

"I- you- I don't understand," Zenitsu choked out. He inhaled shakily and his face was wet from crying.

"He's overwhelmed," Tanjiro noted inwardly.

He carded his fingers through the blond's hair in an effort to calm him down.

"Tanjiro, what are you doing?" Zenitsu asked in frantic confusion. "Don't you only do this to Nezuko?"

Now Tanjiro was confused.

"What? You've never been hugged before?"

Zenitsu shook his head.

The other boy's heart broke a little at that. He couldn't imagine living without the affection of his family. The sheer lack of closeness seemed unbearable.

He held Zenitsu a little tighter.

"That's not right. No wonder you seem lonely." Tanjiro explained, "Hugs are gestures of love and affection. They're very good for you."

"Affection? What is that? Can I fight it or eat it?" Inosuke questioned.

"EH?!" Tanjiro exclaimed aghast. "Why?! Not you too!"

He dragged the youngest into the embrace as well.

"I guess you would call this a group hug?"

"Gampachiro! Stop whatever this fuzzy feeling is!" Inosuke wriggled out of the warm fuzzy prison. "HAHAHA! Your weird fuzzy tricks won't work on me! The great Inosuke desires tempura!"

As he left, he placed a gentle hand on Zenitsu's head and flashed a grin.

Tanjiro turned his attention back onto the blond who was still as lost as a lone child in subway station.

"Are you alright, Zenitsu?"

"H-how long were you listening for?"

"Sorry about that too..." Tanjiro glanced down. "I feel bad about eavesdropping, but I was worried about you. I think it was two or three?"

"Oh..." Zenitsu paused. "It's alright."

"Zenitsu, are you okay?" The boy with hanafuda earrings questioned slowly, placing his hands on his friend's shoulders. "That's all I care about right now."

"Okay? Yeah... I think so. It's just... I wrote those songs to help me deal with emotions and... I think I feel vulnerable and exposed because you heard them."

"Sorry..." Tanjiro apologized again.

Zenitsu frowned disapprovingly.

"You apologize too much. Seriously."

"Sor-"

"Tanjiro!"

"Ssssssssssss..." the boy hissed as he struggled to not apologize once more. Embarrassed he hides his face in his hands.

Zenitsu chuckles at his friend's predicament. Also he doesn't mind when Inosuke bursts into the room screaming the word tempura. The beast like boy plopped down next to them with an armful of the food and shares with them.

Zenitsu smiled fondly. Maybe he could write a new song.

This isn't my best, but eh maybe someone will like it. ~HoC

Songs of the Pastजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें