I was glad my girlfriend cared about me this much. I couldn't help myself. 

You are absolutely adorable. She pinched my arm. 

Don't change the subject! Although she said it, she was happy with the compliment. 

I'm not. I am happy that my adorable girlfriend cares so much about me that instead of being terrified, she looks angry at my father. She smiled at me. 

It's natural, isn't it? I love you Kiyotaka. Indeed it is natural. 

I love you too Kei. A small blush developed on her face. I don't know why, but saying such a thing felt different now. Was it because we shared this experience? Or was it because she knew what happened to me and still stayed? The reasoning escaped me now, but it felt different. 

"Whew," said Sakayanagi. 

"It sure feels like you're on pins and needles when Ayanokouji-sensei's around, doesn't it? You must've had a tough time of it."

"Nah, not really," I replied.

Sakayanagi cracked a smile. 

"Only you would say something like that when talking about your father." 

"I don't know about that." 

Maybe years ago, when my father was more powerful, I would have been one of the few to say it. Now my father's political power was a shadow of its peak. If it was before, he probably could have actually made me quit by force. He seemed to still be influential, but there were most likely more than a few people who could push back at him.

It was now just the two of us. Chairman Sakayanagi looked at me with kind eyes.

"In truth, I've known about you for a long time now," he said. 

"I never spoke with you directly, but I had my eye on you. Sensei always spoke highly of you."

"Huh? How can that be true after what happened just now? Ayanokouji-Kun was treated like an object." Mused Shinohara. 

"Ayanokouji said that he was the ideal of his institution, didn't he? He probably spoke highly of his abilities." Kanzaki explained. 

He looked to be one of the few who truly listened to what was said. Most were emotionally responding to the event. Kanzaki seemed calmer now, like a bucket of water fell on his head. He was usually more aggressive when it came to me. Or maybe I just didn't interact with him enough to know his personality. Either way, I wonder if this will affect his class.

"Ah, so that's how that mechanism was removed."

 "Mechanism? What do you mean?"

"No comment." 

I shut down any questions about that. 

"Nothing. More importantly, Chairman Sakayanagi, do you know a class A student who—"

"Arisu, right? She's my daughter." 

"I see."

"Oh, but she's not in Class A just because she's my daughter. Our assessments are fair."

"Did you doubt my standing Ayanokouji-Kun?" 

Sakayanagi looked disgruntled that I was seemingly doubting her ability. 

"Not at all." 

Even then, I knew that she was intelligent. She beautifully cemented her position in the class by that time.