if she gets hungry again at night, she'll sleep so she wouldn't eat.

if she eats, she'll be fat and like they said.. 'who would rape a girl looking like that?'

if she turned skinny, she would be pretty. and if she was pretty and both skinny, perhaps they would believe her now.

perhaps.... just perhaps.

"i'll sleep.." el murmurs as storm hops off her lap.

"and you left me as well." she mumbles and then goes over to her bed to lay down.

her hand tiredly goes over to her nightstand to turn off her lamp and then, she instantly falls asleep.

☁︎

"what'd you get?" el asks as mike exits his classroom holding his paper of his pop quiz results.

"what do you think?" he asks with a smirk.

she covers her mouth, "did you fail? oh my god, mike i—"

"i got a full 100!" he cuts her off as she gasps, "you did!?" she smiles proudly, "oh my gosh, i'm so proud of you! i knew you could do it!"

he smiles, "thanks for help, el. but i still got that make-up test." he sighs out quietly, "hopefully it'll go well." they start to walk as she nods. "you'll do fine. you probably don't want a tutor sesh today right? day off?"

he nods, "do you... wanna have lunch with me?"

"oh," she whispers.

should she? no, what if he does something?

but he doesn't seem like that.

daniel didn't seem like that though either but mike is so different compared to him. he was nicer.

way nicer.

daniel did not care the way mike does and mike and her aren't even dating.

so she swallows and she nods, "okay. can we go to the campus starbucks though?" a lot of students go there. at least he wouldn't try to attempt something in such a crowded space right?

he smiles, "sure, of course."

she nods, starting to hug her torso as they walk off campus.

she notices the dirty looks people got since she was walking with a man.

mike notices and looks around, "the fuck are you guys looking at!?" he snaps making el look up at him in shock.

"haven't seen anyone walking before!?" he continues as everyone scrambled away and looks off like they weren't just giving dirty looks.

"thanks but you didn't have to do that." el mumbles as he shrugs, "no, you didn't do anything to get looked at like that."

"it's whatever. i'm used to it, you didn't need to do that, honestly." she says as he shakes his head, "no, el. you shouldn't be used to it," he holds the door open for her as she smiles weakly in response before walking out.

she shrugs, "you just gotta live with it." she whispers, "it'll never pass soon so i should just let it be."

he nods silently and she walks ahead of him a bit as they make their way to the starbucks. again, he opens the door for her to walk in and they stand in line to order.