1. Flushed, really

Maybe, one day I'll catch that damn vampire

Everett thought as he watched the rain pour down. Hitting his windows mercilessly. He didn't even notice the bell ringing.

He sighed and stretched his back in his chair. Sundays where always tiring, Sable wasn't here to have their daily talks she was at church, Celeste wasn't here she was doing research for her final collage project.

Tom nook put two dictionaries infront of the table. "Two huh? You'll definitely need two" Everett said not-so enthusiastically. Tom nook huffed "well it's not for me it's for-" Everett cut him off

"Timmy and Tommy yes I know" he hummed a bit as Tom scoffed at him. He put the money on the counter and left.

Everett paid no attention to the bell ringing again but instead went to look at the books. He went to the book where his favorite section was, fantasy section. He counted the books on the shelf making a mental reminder to stock up on those ones, oh and that too! He was too busy checking them he didn't notice someone standing behind him.

"Excuse me-" the taller man said looking down to Everett, Everett turned around quickly knocking his shoulder into the bookshelf (not on purpose)

"Ah- yes.." "please don't scare me like that ahaha- there is a bell on my counter, just you know- ring it and I'll be there" Everett said meekly. The tall man stepped back a bit after releasing how close he was to him

"Ah well what do you need help with?" Everett said picking up the fallen books. "Oh I'm just looking for a book, ah one about bird watching?"

"Bird watching? What a strange hobby- ah anyways follow me please!" Those words stung, Everett didn't mean them though, he couldn't help it sometimes his thoughts slipped out into sentences and words. Everett walked the man over to the nature section and taken out two book dividers, placing them in between a row of books

"I'm sure these with do!" Everett said looking towards the man, now noticing that he had blue hair and glasses, just like him!

"These will do nice thank you" the tall man said weakly, "I'm sorry for ah... scaring you earlier, I didn't mean too" he stumbled on the last words. "Oh no! It's alright! I'm- un Everett how about you!"

"Oh ah- Brent, Brent is fine" said the tall man. Everett walked away with a smile, he then noticed his cheeks still felt hot and warm. Shit am I still blushing? He thought to himself as he got back to the counter. Shit shit shit! He must think I'm a total weirdo now! Fuck! Everett rubbed his cheeks till his whole was was flushed red. He couldn't deal with his not right now anyways.

Picking out a book Brent went to the counter and placed the book down. He was completely unaware he was staring back and forth at Everett as he checked the book out. "Your total is 12.09 dollars" Everett said breaking the silence. Brent fiddled his his jacket pocket and pulled out the money. As Everett counted the change and put the rest away Brent was gone.

Today, Everett felt something he never thought he could feel

Love

But nothing will ever last long, especially with him. He was too clumsy, and strange, and- and none of it mattered. Not to him, not to Brent, not to anyone

He was a monster

Everett felt his heart pound, this fisted clenched, he was starstruck. For the first time ever he lusted for something other than blood, love