Chapter 15 - Short But Sweet <3

Depuis le début

"sorry, you're just warm," she mumbled. I looked down and saw her playing with the edge of her shirt.

I could die happy right now.

"No, you're good." I played it off, swallowing dryly.

I grabbed for the remote and switched to the streaming service the show was on, on the episode we left off on, turned up the volume, and set the controller down.

...what do I do with my hands?

~(Y/N)'s POV~

You saw Tom hesitate before putting the remote down, but he did and slowly moved his hands to different places.

You felt him breathing behind you, his chest rising and falling slowly as the show intro started playing.

Deciding to take his hands in yours, you grabbed them and wrapped his arms over your stomach, adjusting yourself to more comfortably lay on his chest.

This was nice. You thought to yourself how lucky and incredible it is to have Tom as your friend as you hugged his arms tighter. You could never do this with Noah, he always got restless and complained about his arm falling asleep within thirty seconds.

So it really was nice. And different. In a good way.

You two stayed like that for hours. Well, minus snack breaks and position switches. But at least until an episode ended and you turned to see the clock at 11:45 PM.

By this point, you were half asleep in his arms, his chin resting on the top of your head as he hugged you across your chest.

"(Y/N/N)?" He gently lifted his arms up. "Awake still?"

"Mm," you hummed back in response, turning up to look at him.

He smiled down at you, stroking stands of hair out of your face. (If you have hair ig) He said in a gentle voice, "I've got to wake up at around 7, so I'm probably gonna head to bed now."

"Aww," reflexively came out. You smiled at him softly. "Okay, Tom."

You adjusted yourself so that you could sit up and Tom slipped away from you. He started picking up the trash on the table and you quickly checked your phone.

"(Y/N/N)?" He said, walking closer to you. You looked up in response to see him sit down next to you. He looked straight in your (e/c) eyes. Thank you."

"For?"

"For...Telling me."

"Oh."

"I just mean...You could be with Noah somewhere right now as he's doing...who knows what to you, but you're not. You're safe, and here, with me. It's...I'm glad."

He leaned over to press his forehead on yours. You felt your heart flutter but kept it calm, even as he inched closer.

He continued, "I'm sorry I couldn't see the signs earlier. I never wanted you hurt, I never wanted you in a position where you couldn't tell me he was hurting you."

He sighed. "I want you..."

Heart flutter.

"...to be..."

Butterfly feelings.

"...safe. And okay. And happy. And if you ever need anything, anything...I want you to know I'm here for you."

You kept your forehead against his, a small, grateful smile sliding onto your face.

"I know."

"Always," he muttered.

"I know." You moved your previous position to hug him. You wrapped your arms around his neck and brought your mouth near his ear.

"Thank you," you whispered.

You stayed like that. You wanted to stay like that.

But then your phone started ringing.

~End of Chapter 15~
——————————————————

<3