Chapter 1 The arrival and new beginning

Start from the beginning

So I have run away, I don't know where I will go but hopefully I will find a place in this world to settle down and live a life of my own. Best of wishes for you and Victoria. I know you will be happy together.

Yours sincerely

Rosemary

xxxxxxxxxx

Rosemary laid the note on her desk and then quickly packed a few things like;

Spare clothes, a compass, blankets, a couple of photographs, personal things and her diary.

Then Rosemary ran down the beach and got into the long boat. They rowed back to the ship in silence.

When the two of them reached the ship, Eric showed Rosemary to her quarters while the rest of the crew stood in silence waiting for orders. None of them saw a ship floating off shore, watching them!

Rosemary unpacked her things and then lay back on her bed. The room was pretty good for its size and a lot better than sleeping where the rest of the crew slept. Not with all the snoring and farting in the night.

In her room there was; a side table, wardrobe, mirror with a set of drawers, small desk, small book shelves and a few lanterns and candles.

Just then there was a knock at the door, it was Jez he'd helped her carry her belongings up to the cabin.

"Sorry to disturbed you miss but the captain would like you to come to his quarters, you will be dining there tonight".

"Thank you, Jez for telling me. You can tell the captain that I will be down there in a minute". Jez nodded then left. Rosemary then flopped back on her bed. Then as she stared up at the ceiling, she couldn't help but wonder if Eric had changed over the years whether he still loved her like he had all those years ago when they'd first met.

She could remember it like it was yesterday. She'd run away from home that day too. Three years ago Rosemary discovered that Sir Andrew her father was not her real father, that she'd been an orphan. When she could barely even walk she'd been dumped on the Governors doorstep, the maid had found her that night and took her in. When Sir Andrew discovered what the maid had done he was furious, but as soon as he looked into the eyes of this small child his reasons vanished. He could only think of how his late wife would have loved a baby daughter, so he ordered the maid to take care of her. Eunice had been the mother Rosemary never knew and Sir Andrew grew to love her as his own, adopting her as his daughter, and Rosemary came to call him father.

However that fateful night when her world changed, Rosemary came home late from sneaking out to the bar with her friends, as she was sneaking back up to her bedroom she overheard her father and another man having a heated conversation. What she caught of the conversation was as followed. "I've come to collect my daughter" the man said "You can't take her she isn't yours anymore and the life you lead would only put her in danger Peter, she can live a safer and happier life here." Her father said. "Rosemary is not your daughter no matter how much you try to pretend she is, you can't replace Miranda Andrew." The man snarled. "And whose fault was it hmm that she was murdered Peter, she died protecting your secrets." Her father bellowed.