Debt

Dad left me. Dad left me. He left you all alone with all the debt he hadn't paid off. It's your responsibly to pay for it now. He left you alone in the small home you grew up in. He always said he cared for you but it doesn't seem that way. It's been 3 years since you've been trying to pay it off.

You sit in your small, messy living room with your knees hugged against your chest. You look around the floor and stare at the mess that you hadn't cleaned up days due to the fact you've been trying to get money to pay off your dad's debt.

Another payment is due by tomorrow and you only have half of the amount you need to give. That thought starts to stress you out so you rest your head on your knees, your eyes shut tight as you try to figure out a way to get the rest of the money.

Because if you don't deliver by tomorrow that will mean that you would get beaten up by one of the men you owe money to.

You build up the courage and stand up on your feet. You leave the house and head to the store where you usually work at. You work there for 3 hours everyday trying to make a couple of bucks everyday. You make enough money to pay rent as well as buy some food that would last you a few days. You walk down the busy street where all the small shops are. As soon as you reach the store you look for the women you work for.

She's never told you her name and never really has spoken to you but you don't care because as long as you're making money your okay with it.

The lady was chopping some fish on the cutting board. You took of your jacket and hanged it up on one of the hooks where 2 more jackets were hanged up too.

"Hello miss." you said as you started restocking some items on the shelf. She looked at you and gave you a small smile then looked back down at the fish she was cutting. She's a sweet old lady who doesn't talk very much but you make the best out of it. You do the same routine that you're supposed to do everyday. You restock some items on the small shelfs as well as help out the lady cut up some fish and other meat.

The money she gave you after you finished work, you go to the closest convenience store to buy some beer. You know that you should be saving money but it's been a while since you last drank.

It wouldn't hurt if you did.

You push the door open, the store was pretty empty and it felt really warm in here. You grabbed a beer bottle without even looking around to buy anything else and head to the cashier. You quickly paid and head out the store.

You walk down the street for a while until you find a good spot to sit and stare up at the sky. Everyday you spend time working and finding way to make cash and you even gamble sometimes if you really need to but you try to avoid it much as possible knowing the consequences of it.

You come to a stop and find a small hill near a pond. There isn't anyone around so you think this is the perfect spot to sit. You sit down on the green grass and stare up at the dark sky as well as the moon. You start to question many things that your dad had done as you take sips from your beer. You don't really have many friends around here because they all left, they all had something to look forward to in life and they had dreams to accomplish, while you were stuck here in this town.

Thanks to your dad you couldn't accomplish your dreams, you wanted to start a business and move to the US to study there but you couldn't. Your dad selfishness had affected your whole life and there is no way escaping any of this.

A sigh escapes your lips as you lie on your back and spread your arms apart. You start to think of a way to get the rest of the money by tomorrow evening because if you don't, that means you won't be able to walk as much because of the men that will beat you up.