"I thought that's what candidates are for." Otis dryly remarked looking back at Pete and me while Cruz laughed. But the moment was ruined when the alarmed wailed and over the PA was heard "Smoke-eater in the house."

Everyone got up and started jogging to where the firetrucks were, Herrman was finally back thank God.

When we got there Herrmann was walking with a cane and everyone gathered round him saying "Hey" or "Hey Herrmann" cheering and laughing, everyone was glad he made it out.

"Welcome back, geez man" Otis said sadly

"They ticked a nerve in my leg. I may not walk straight again." Herrman seriously stated, poor guy .

"Candidate get him a chair" someone ordered, I immediately springed into action grabbing a chair before Pete did and putting it beside Herrmann.

"Thanks kid" He told me grunting while sitting. "Ah, whoa, whoa, whoa, wait a second fellas, are any of my kids around here? My wife or her parents?" he asked

"No, why?" Otis responded

"What the hell" Hermman stated in a questioning tone, then out of nowhere he stood up and started wiglling his legs shouting "I'm healed... It must have been living with my damn in-laws that was breaking me down!"

Everyone started laughing and Otis went in to playfully tackle him and Hermman grunted saying "Ah! All right, I'm not that healed."

"You ready to get back?" Casey asked

" Yeah."

"Glad you're back, Herrmann. We're a better house with you here." Chief proudly stated, and he was damn right about that.

"Thanks chief" Hermman replied smiling

I noticed a woman standing behind the chief, holy shit, I've seen her before; we hooked up like two weeks ago. I looked at her and noticed that she was already looking at me , she sent me a wink, not gonna lie she is very hot. Chief started talking again pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Later we're going tohave a white board session about what happened in the Darden incident last month. I expect you all to be there." The environment instantly got tense after the mention of Dardens death.

"On another note, this is Nicki Rutkowski." Chief Boden introduced, oh yeah that was her name Nicki.

"Hell-o" Cruz said

"She's going to be
working with us next month, helping out with the payroll.
Her father is one of my oldest friends.
We were in the Navy together,
so y'all just treat her
like she's your very own... Sister." Chief glared at everyone

"Thanks for having me." She thanked

"Welcome. Don't screw up the checks. The first and 15th." Herrman stated.

"Oh, I will" she joked, and everyone started laughing. But then the alarm sounded "Accident, multiple injuries, squad 3, truck 81, engine 51, ambulance 61." Everyone rushed to their places.

As always I went to put on my boots, and then grabbed my jacket and got on the truck just like everyone else.

Succesively we got to the scene, it seemed like a a construction site, we got off the the fire truck and the chief aske yelling "Whats going on?"

"The foundation collapsed, and there's three guys down in the basement hole." The guy worriedly responded.

"I'm gonna need a 2 1/2 up there." Chief Boden ordered

"On it " Cruz replied

Most of the crew followed Chief and both Lieutenats up the stairs, including me.