Chapter 8

The university was holding its first event of the year at the main club in Brighton. Everyone would be attending. A chance to be out together. Held on a Thursday, meaning hangovers on Friday morning. The campus would be very quiet that day. They gathered in one of the pubs first. Chrissy took a night off from her job. She wasn't going to miss an opportunity to be out on the town with Waverly. She knew it would be fun. Waverly loved dancing, loved being out. Becks would be there with Mike. Greg wasn't invited, obviously. They assumed Robin would be there. Everyone was dying to see who he would be with.

Nicole looked amazing. Tight black jeans, equally tight black T-shirt. Waverly couldn't wait to get her home to rip them off. Waverly had chosen a black figure-hugging two piece. She too looked amazing. Nicole couldn't stop staring at her outfit. Lust at its purist.

Drinks consumed. Laughter. Everyone was in a good mood. This was going to be a great night.

They headed to the club. It was busy. Music pumping. Yotto - Fire Walk was playing as they entered. Waverly needed to dance. She was in her element. Nicole went to get drinks. Chrissy, Becks and Waverly headed to the dancefloor. Mike wasn't much of a dancer. He followed Nicole to the bar. He offered to buy a round. A huge thing for students. He also offered to watch the drinks so Nicole could join the others.

Nicole found them in full swing. Waverly could dance. She was fully into the music. Nicole moved in behind her, dancing in rhythm. She felt Waverly against her. It was beyond erotic. Waverly turned round, facing Nicole, grinding on her thigh. If she carried on doing this, Nicole thought, she would need to take her to the bathroom. She was very turned on. She could see Waverly was too. She would definitely have to take Waverly dancing again.

The music transitioned. Waverly needed a drink. The group made their way to Mike. They thanked him for buying the first round. Very generous. Becks and Waverly went to the bathroom. Nicole was desperate to follow, deciding it best to wait till they got back to Doc's before starting something. God, she so wanted to start something. Robin came over. He was with Jeremy, another second year. They looked really good together. Robin stood with them for a while, chatting. Mike got Robin and Jeremy a drink.

Mike worked. He had money.

Waverly and Becks hadn't returned. Nicole was beginning to wonder where they were. She scanned the dancefloor. No sign. She looked over to the door leading to the toilets. She could just about see Waverly talking with someone. A woman. About the same age as Waverly. The woman was definitely flirting with her. She could see she had one hand on Waverly's waist. Waverly was leaning against a wall, clearly enjoying the interaction. Nicole watched as the woman stroked Waverly's hair, leaning in, whispering something in her ear. Or, did she just kiss her? She wasn't sure. She couldn't see from that distance. But, what the fuck? What the fuck was going on? She couldn't let Waverly out of her sight for a moment without her flirting with someone else.

She was really hurt this time.

The trust had been broken. She had forgiven Waverly for the Greg incident. That was behind them. Yet, here she was allowing this woman to flirt with her. Did she want to be with her, or was she just a convenient shag? On site. On tap. She had seen enough. She felt used. Utterly worthless. She couldn't bring herself to confront Waverly. She couldn't stay.

She looked at Chrissy, tears welling.

"Tell Waverly I'm leaving."

"Nicole. Wait. Why? The night's only just getting started. What's wrong?"

Nicole pointed to Waverly and the other woman. "That."

Chrissy spotted Waverly.

"What the fuck?"