𝔩𝔞𝔱𝔢 𝔫𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔰 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔦𝔫𝔞𝔭𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔭𝔯𝔦𝔞𝔱𝔢 𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔪𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔰

Start from the beginning

Dick groaned as he rubbed his eyes with his hands.

"What? I can't have a drink? I'm off age, so I think I can have a drink from time to time." He said while he took the glass out of her hands and sat down again. "Why are you up though?"

She squinted her eyes at him before taking a sit next to him.

"Couldn't sleep. Nightmares." She said simply.

Dick had an idea of how Arabella must feel, he himself suffered from nightmares constantly. The death of his parents. Those fits of rage in which he took it out on anyone he came across. His days as Robin. He had enough to blame for his sleepless nights.

He himself did not know how to deal with these when they happened, so he had no idea how to comfort the redhead at his side. So he simply rested his hand on hers and stroked it gently.

"It gets better I promise." He said softly, giving her a sad smile which she returned happily. She was glad that he was finally opening up to her, even if it was just little by little.

He then moved his hand, grabbing the glass and taking a sip from it.

Arabella instantly felt the lack of warmth where Dick's hand had been, and she furrowed her brows as she saw him refill his glass.

She could always get in his mind without him knowing, and find out what whatever it was that bothered him. But she resisted the urge to use her powers just to satisfy her curiosity.

So, instead, she just stood up and walked to the cabinets where the glasses where placed, taking one and walking back to the counter. She placed the glass on the marble surface and grabbed the whiskey bottle, pouring some of it in.

"What are you doing?" Dick asked as he knotted his eyebrows together.

"Well, I want to see what is it about this drink that makes you want to drink it so much." She said, struggling a little to pronounce the words.

"How do you know I have been drinking a lot?"

"First of all, you just confirmed it. And secondly, this bottle was sealed, and on that table..." She pointed at the liquor table placed on the other near the living room. "So, unless you used the content of it to water the plants, you have been drinking it all by yourself."

Dick scoffed at the girl's explanation, knowing she was right.

"You never fail to surprise me."

"What can I say." She shrugged. "Full of surprises."

With that being said, she pressed the glass on her lips and took a sip of the liquor. The taste of it was nothing like she had expected. It burned her throat as she swallowed, scrunching her nose at the sensation.

"God." She breathed out. "How can you drink this?"

"I guess it's not for everyone." He said in a cocky tone.

"Oh don't act all mighty. I'm going to drink as much as you drink."

Dick shook his head in disapproval.

"No. Not happening."

"You are in no position to tell me what to do. I appreciate everything you are doing for me, but I think I can make my own decisions, that includes whether I want to have a drink or not." She told him, taking another sip from her drink.