"I don't think we'd want to know," Tabitha said, shuddering.

"Anyway, apart from Nita, who else?" Kaya asked tiredly. When no reply came, she said, "Good. I do hope the weather will be good like the forecast promised."

The party was to take place at a beach resort in Camps Bay which meant we could only display our bodies in our respective swimming attires (which wasn't entirely a bad thing) because in all honesty, the majority of the class didn't know how to swim. Fortunately, I became an excellent swimmer over the last year through lessons (which my mother was sceptical of but gradually accepted).

"I can't wait to see you tomorrow," Damon whispered softly in my ear as soon as we were the only ones left.

Ignoring my heightened senses, I responded, "What makes tomorrow special? We see each other almost everyday."

"It will probably be the last time I'll see you until September. You aren't exactly a sociable person."

"I agree with you," I giggled. "At least I won't have to see your annoying face for a while."

"Don't be like that, you know you'll miss me."

"Not really."

"Not even a bit?" he asked, making eye contact with me.

"Hmm," I trailed of, tapping my chin in a thinking manner. "No."

"I don't believe you."

"Well, I'm sorry to disappoint," I said flatly.

"You don't always have to act cold all the time," he said, placing his hand over mine. "It's okay to show feelings."

I sighed, glancing at our now intertwined hands on my lap before shifting my gaze to his eyes.

"I know, it's just that I don't know how to."

"You'll never know unless you try," he shrugged. "It can't be that bad, right?"

Talking about your feelings is bad. They will use pretentious compassion and end up using it against you. Remember, they don't care about you. They never did.

"I don't know but I don't think I'm ready right now."

With a small smile, he squeezed my hand in a comforting manner before saying, "There's no need to rush but just know that someone will always be willing to listen to you."

"Thank you, Damon."

"We need to go now, Sanaa," Ama said a few inches away from us. She glanced at our intertwined hands with a smirk before turning away.

"Well," I began, standing up. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah..."

With a smile, I turned away and caught up with my sister.

"Damon, huh?" she asked, wiggling her eyebrows.

"What do you mean?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"You were holding hands with him!"

"Yeah, he was saying something important and wanted to get my attention, that's all."

"Oh my goodness," she muttered under her breath. "Sanaa, you are very dense."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"He likes you, stupid."

"Damon? No way. He just has a flirty personality, that's all."

"I know but he has definitely been different around you."