Just Another Rainy Tuesday

Hi loves.

JUST ANOTHER RAINY TUESDAY;

You hate the rain, but this rainy Tuesday brings you a stranger to turn the negative thoughts about the weather into good memories. (a very short read)

**

You sit patiently outside your apartment building waiting for the rain to stop so you can head inside. You've always hated the rain and made every attempt you could to stay out of it. Today, however, was a failed attempt. The forecast called for sunshine and warmth, and quickly switched to thunderstorms and gloomy skies, leaving you cooped up in the drivers seat of your car until it passed. The heavy downpour sends a deafening drumroll of raindrops echoing through the confined space you occupy. You flip through the radio stations, finding nothing but static, signifying the weather knocked out the signal. Irritated, you press the dial, turning off the speakers. You're left alone with your thoughts and the rainy afternoon. Staring out the window into the blurry parking lot, you see a man, jogging towards the building.

"Dumbass, thinks he's going to make it all the way across the parking lot in this shit," you roll your eyes, laughing at the man ten rows from the building. "He's gonna get all wet."

You lean back in your seat and shut your eyes, you're going to be stuck here for a while, so you might as well get comfortable. As soon as your body relaxes and you begin to listen to the rain, there's a hard knock on your window. You open one eye then the other, trying to make out a face in the water rushing down the glass. You roll the window down slightly, enough to hear a man's voice.

"Hey, I'm Harry, would you mind if I, uh, hopped in your car until the rain stopped? I'm parked too far away to head back now." The tall man has long, curly brown hair peaking out from under a hooded jacket. His hands are shoved back into his pockets as he waits for your response.

"I don't even know you," you groan and begin to roll your window back up.

"Seriously, please? Just until it clears up," he begs.

"Fine. Get in." You roll the window back up and unlock the door. Harry jogs to the passenger side, opens the door and slides in.

The two of you sit in silence, neither of you knowing what to say.

"Thank you, by the way. I know this is weird." Harry laughs, pushing his hood down to run his hands through his curls.

"It's just until the rain stops." You hit the radio button, turning it back on in an attempt to fill the silence with something other than the rain. There you sit, accompanied by a stranger for god knows how long.

"Either way, I appreciate it. The forecast called fo-" Harry begins.

"For sunshine, yeah, I know." You cut him off, sending him a small smile. "That's why I was smart and stayed in the car, unlike someone."

"I really thought I could make it. I saw your lights on and figured you were a bit closer than the building or my car even."

"How come I've never seen you around? I've lived in this building for a few years and know pretty much everyone."

"I actually just moved in, uh, up on the third floor." Harry's mouth moves in a way that makes you stare, like really stare. Your mind begins to wonder how well his mouth moved in other ways. Your head shuffles through pornographic images as he continues to talk. His eyes sparkle at you.

"Hm."

You look back out the window and watch the rain fall.

"Which floor do you live on?"

Harry turns to you, trying to make light of an awkward situation. You turn your body to face him, bumping knees with him.

"Second." Harry's eyes flick between your touching knees and your face as you answer.

"Do you live alone?"

You smirk at him. Why is he asking?

"That's kind of a creepy question, Harry. I have a roommate."

Harry laughs softly, his hand landing on your thigh. The feeling of his touch on your bare skin sends tingles through every nerve and forms goosebumps. You shiver at the thoughts coming back.

"Just trying to pass the time."

You watch as Harry leans forwards, close enough to feel him exhale out of his nose. The smell of his cologne makes your breath hitch in the back of your throat, unable to center yourself. Are you really about to let go of your morals for a stranger you picked up from the parking lot? You look down at his hand, still sitting softly on your thigh and watch him begin to rub circles with his thumb. With his free hand, Harry brushes the strand of hair from your face, fixing it right behind your ear before cupping your jaw. Your eyes meet and before you can talk yourself out of it, you lean forward and kiss him.

Harry's soft lips quickly begin to wrestle with yours, fighting for dominance. Without a moment to waste, you open your mouth, allowing your tongue to dance with his. The kiss is heavy, intoxicating and makes you melt. Your hands reach for Harry's jacket, unzipping it and slipping it off his shoulders. Panting and unable to breathe, Harry quickly pulls away, breaking your kiss.

"Let's get comfortable," he whispers, gesturing for you to crawl from your seat to the passenger side. You oblige and straddle him, resting your hands on his chest.

You stare at Harry's face, taking in every detail. From his glossy emerald eyes to his long, brown curly hair, you memorize every part. The world around you begins to disappear leaving you and this handsome stranger in your own little bubble alone. Harry presses his lips into yours again, grabbing hard at your hips, making any attempt to pull you closer. You subconsciously grab at Harry's curls, being quickly rewarded by a moan from his lips. To try and steady yourself from the downhill rollercoaster your brain and heart are on, you slam your palm onto the steamy window, leaving a streak of fingerprints in the fog. With every raindrop hitting your windshield, Harry lands a kiss on every inch of your face. Blinking open your eyes, you begin to realize the rain has slowed enough for you and Harry to make it back to your apartment building.

"Looks like it's clear to go outside," you laugh, sitting up and straightening out your shirt.

"Yeah, I guess so." Harry removes his hands from your hips to run his fingers through his curls once more. "Thanks again for letting me get out of the storm."

"Sure. It was just another rainy Tuesday."