[Chapter 1] Dojo Friends

"You still didn't do the stuff I asked you?" My mom yelled with pure anger, "Why won't you do it instead, isn't that your job?" My dad argued back.

"I just got home from a LONG shift, you stayed here all day being useless and you can't even do a simple task?" Mom complained, "Why can't you just ask your stupid child instead? Don't raise your fucking voice at me" Dad growled

"Don't call my child that, Y/N has already done most of the house chores and you can't do the simplest thing? All you do is sit on the couch watching tv while I work my whole body off, You even spend most of our money on your alcohol and shit!" Mom swore with her voice sounding shaky

I sigh, Ever since my dad lost his job, he started acting weird, always drinking, smoking, and basically not even treating us like his family.

Mom works as a doctor, she has night shifts and goes home in the morning.

I stared at my ceiling while a muffled sound of a door slammed shut came from the living room, I checked my phone realizing it's 8:45 am so it was time to go to my Dojo, I've made quite a lot of friends there in the span of 4yrs practicing martial arts.

Grabbed my bag, packed extra clothes and my phone. When I opened the door I saw my mom crying while sitting on a stool

"Did dad hit you? Are you okay?" I asked, "No, Just go to your Dojo." She sighed wiping her tears, "Okay mom, I'll be back eventually." I replied, then gave her a kiss on the forehead. "Stay safe sweetheart." She waved goodbye, "I will mom!" I waved back.

°.✩┈┈┈┈∘*┈┈୨♡୧┈┈*∘┈┈┈┈✩.°

"Hey Y/N! How are you?" Elaine yelled, then ran towards me giving me a hug, "I'm fine, my parents just argued again" I sighed, "I'm sorry to hear that, But there'll be new students arriving! We can make a new friend to lighten you up" She mentioned.

"Really? I hope we can have another female here" I replied. "I hope too, we need another bestie," I said.

"Hello, students Please meet the newcomers," Sensei Mentioned then a line of 12-14yr olds walked behind him I raised my head trying to look for a girl but there wasn't any, "Guess we're not getting another friend" I sighed

"You may sit down, anywhere should be fine" Sensei instructed, All of them scattered and sat down, some were moving back and forth looking around frantically, Our sensei noticed them and patted their back and told them to sit beside him.

A group of boys sat behind us and started talking, they weren't new students, I've always seen them around here but I just ignore them, suddenly one of them sat beside me.

"What's your name?" He asked, "Uh, I'm y/n" I replied, "That's a cool name, I'm Jianyu." He smiled, "Y/N, crush ka daw niyan" (Y/N, he said he likes you) A boy said, "Hoy putangina mo, epal ka talaga" (Fuck you, you're so annoying) Jianyu yelled back at him.

I chuckled, "Y/N what are they saying, What's so funny?" Elaine said, The boys looked at me confused, "They're speaking Tagalog." I replied.

"Wait you can understand us?" Jianyu asked, "no," I replied, "Oh that's good." Jianyu sighed, "I was being sarcastic" I scoffed, "Tā míngbái wǒmen zài shuō shénme, suǒyǐ ràng wǒmen shuō zhōngwén ba." (If she understands us then let's speak Chinese instead)

"Shì de, nǐ kěyǐ zhèyàng zuò, zhè xiàng shuō zhōngwén huò rènhé dōngxī." (yeah you can do that, it's not like I speak chinese or anything) The other kid bursts out laughing