"Why do you think so?"

"My mother...she left my family leaving with my dad and me. We have a lot of money. We're very wealthy if you can tell. And me being the only child. I have to get good grades in school 90% and above. I have to be good and disciplined to inherit all that wealth. If I don't listen. My dad would lock me up in a dark room filled with dust. The worst one was he would burn my plants. I've tried getting his attention. I never got to impress him. He always yelled and screamed at me,"

"What about your school life?" The old lady asked.

"It's alright. I was able to get 90% and above for all my test and exams. There's actually a funny story I had in junior high. I had a crush on this guy because he simply helped me with a lot of things. I thought we were friends at some point but in the end, I was mocked and used. I was mocked for liking him only because he helped me with so many things. I was used for my money. Typical scenario don't you think?" You chuckled.

There was a moment of silence before the old lady continued. You were surprised. You never have told anyone about this. You were just rambling about what's on your mind.

"I want to ask again why weren't you so committed?" The old lady asked again. "You can even give it to me in figurative language. Ho-ho, I don't mind."

You felt you could give some sort of answer.

"It feels like an invisible barrier. It feels reachable at first. Then, I can't reach anymore. Like there's an extra layer I guess,"

"Young lady. Would you like me to be more direct?" The old lady suddenly asked.

You nodded in response.

"Child... you're running away," She looked at you in the eye. "To be more precise, You're running away from fear."

"Please continue. I want to know what you mean," you requested

"Your mother abandoned you. Your father never gave any attention to you. You liked a boy because he helped you. It's all coming to me that you want attention. But, When someone finally gave you attention. You don't believe them and turn to other people. It happened once to you and you won't let it happen the second time. Which results in you being scared of getting that attention you always wanted. Then being unwanted suddenly thrown away,"

(Basically, I abandon you before you abandon me)

"How did you...?"

"I was like that when I was younger. I was quite rich too," The old lady smiled. "We broke up but I found someone better. What did your friend say about the break?"

"He said he wanted an answer of if I love him or not. He's willing to wait," you told her.

"What a nice young man. I say take this last chance and cherish it," The old lady stood up. "My last piece of advice: Communication is key for any kind of relationship."

The old lady starts to walk off slowly. You thought up about something and immediately asked, "Why do I keep liking other people other than my friend!?"

The lady stopped in her tracks.

"Do you really like them?" She asked. "Take this as homework and find out yourself. I can't be telling you everything. Everything lies in your heart."

You waved goodbye to the old lady. You took a deep breath in. You are surely not touching books once you get back home. All you need is a pen and paper. You walked back home feeling a slight bit better about yourself. At the very least you are clear about yourself.

"Shi Hui, Chen Xiang. Come to my study room. Bring pen and paper. A3 size," you commanded once you entered your house.

Your servants immediately stopped what they were doing and grabbed the items into your study room.