Child of Envy: Russell and Syakomon || Chapter 12

Start from the beginning

...As he steps out from behind some bushes, alongside a Digimon.
"...Or there could've never been a village here at all. Who knows." The boy causually shrugs, everyone cautiously backing away from him.
"Wha...Are you another one of the Demondestined?" Lily asks, the boy nodding yes.
"Sure am. Names Russell." Russell responds, causally showing off his Digivice in his pocket.
"And I'm Syakomon! Nice to meet you!" Syakomon happily hops up and down. Everyone nervously keeps their gazes fixated on the two, backing away even more.
"So...Anyone wanna fight?" Russell casually asks. Nobody responds to him as he pauses, looking towards the lake.
"...Look at this lake. Water is Syakomon's speciality, so this'll be a difficult fight for one of you." Russell states. Everyone exchanges confused glances, turning to each other.
"Uh...Who's gonna fight him?!" Logan whispers.
"I nominate Jake for this one." Allison says.
"What?! I-I don't want to! Terriermon could still be tired from the last fight!" Jake says. Everyone argued back and forth in a hushed tone, not even realizing that Hoshi and Russell had their gazes fixated on one another, lightly glaring.
"I'll do it." Hoshi says.
"Woah...You sure about this?" Logan asks.
"Yeah...I wanna do more for the group." Hoshi says, Jake patting him on the shoulder.
"We get it. Good luck." Jake says, Hoshi nodding.
"Yay! This is gonna be fun! Let's do this!" Syakomon hops happily, jumping into the lake.
"KUDAMON DIGIVOLVE TO...REPPAMON!!"
"SYAKOMON DIGIVOLVE TO..."

"...GESOMON!!"
"RAAAGHH!!" Gesomon roars, popping out of the water with a splash. Gesomon towered over Reppamon, being over twice the size, but Reppamon still kept their confident ground.
"DEADLY SHADE!!" Gesomon sprays a blast of black ink at Reppamon, who growls in pain as the ink sticks to their eyes, making them unable to see. Reppamon tries flailing their head around to get it off, but to no avail. Gesomon then grabs Reppamon with one tentacle, roughly slamming them under the water multiple times. Reppamon flailed their body, trying to escape Gesomon's grip.
"Reppamon, use your tail to get out!!" Hoshi calls to them.
"Urgh...RAZOR WIND!!" Reppamon wildly flails their tail, roughly cutting Gesomon's tentacle as they're finally released from his grip. Reppamon then jumps to the surface... Somehow running away, as Reppamon runs on the water's surface, rapidly zigzagging away, everyone gasping at this.
"Woah...Reppamon can walk on water?!" Logan says, with shock. Gesomon watches Reppamon run around the lake, then quickly diving underwater, out of sight. Reppamon stands completely still on the water, trying to listen to where Gesomon is.
"Reppamon, you gotta get outta there!" Hoshi calls. Reppamon then starts dashing to the other side of the lake...
SPLASH!! But then, Gesomon grabs them, pulling Reppamon underwater. The two are both out of sight for a long, uncomfortable moment...As ink starts bubbling up from the water...
WHAP!! And Kudamon is powerfully thrown out of the water, roughly landing in Hoshi's grasp, as Gesomon also crawls out of the water, revering back to Syakomon.
"Whoa...We actually...Won?" Russell had a stunned expression, before giving a small smile. The rest of the group was just as stunned by this defeat, before glaring at Russell, stepping forward.
"You gotta be kidding me...Ugh, let me at him next!" Allison grumbles.
"No...Let me!" Veemon chimes in.
"No, ME!!" Terriermon says. Everyone starts arguing back and forth, on who to fight Russell next...
"Hey, it's fine." But Russell puts his hand out, halting everyone's speech. "It's ok. That one fight is all I wanted." Before anyone can respond, Russell and Syakomon walk away, out of sight as they walk through the bushes, everyone looking at eachother with confusion.
"Uh...Is Kudamon ok?" Blaine asks.
"Yeah...I think so." Hoshi says quietly.
"I think they just need to rest now." Lily chimes in.
"...Hey...You guys..." Suddenly then, out of nowhere, an unfamiliar voice calls to the group. Everyone looks around for the source of the voice, and surprisingly, see a hand coming out of the water.
"Apologies. I must conceal myself so the evil ones can't see me." The voice says.
"What the...Who the heck are you?" Jake asks, confused. "And what do you mean?" The voice doesn't respond, only snapping his fingers as sparkles come out of the hand, the colorful sparkles circling the group for a moment, before disappearing.
"...Come step inside the water, if you want to find out." The voice says. Everyone exchanges glances, unsure of what to do.
"It's ok. I activated a spell, so you all can access our village. It's safe, I promise you. I sense you all have good hearts, so I trust you all...And hopefully, you the same for me." Everyone continues thinking, before finally nodding at each other, making their decision, as they all step into the water...Fading out of sight.