Episode 7

PLAYING WITH FIRE

Episode 7
"Logan Lee?"

—1.7—

AERA WAS LOOKING for her sister by the time it was lunch time. A chocolate milk box in her hand. 

She knew that Rona was doing the punishment that was set after she and Eunbyeol fought in the lunch room, by Cheon Seojin. She couldn't blame her though. Rona was right about Eunbyeol. 

Guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree. 

She had told Junni and Jaeyun — who had enrolled himself into the school a day after he'd move to the penthouse, that she won't be joining them for lunch. Knowing that her sister had thrown away the ones from their mother because she was angry that they'd moved to Min Seol A's old apartment. 

To be honest, despite having already visited countless of time, it still felt weird, but comforting in a way. She felt as if Min Seol A was still there watching over her. Even thought quite scared her sometime. 

"Aish, where is that girl?" Aera muttered as she ran her hand through her hair. 

The sun shined above her as she stepped out of the school building. As she neared the school yard, she heard Mr. Ma talking. She stepped closer, standing behind the bushes as she watched.

"Looks like you have to skip lunch starting tomorrow to fulfil your volunteer hours." He started. "Also, come to school an hour early and go home an hour late. I'll be watching you." 

"Don't forget to separate all the recyclables." The teacher  turned, and she followed to where he was looking till she found Ms. Cheon. Her fist clenched and Aera started to approach the two. 

She cleared her throat which startled the man and turned to face her. Seeing an annoyed look on Aera's face with her brows furrowed. "I'll make sure Rona comes to school early, but I won't let her go home an hour late, Seonsaengnim." 

Mr. Ma dramatically gasped at her and placed his hand on his chest pretending to be offended.. "Bae Aera! Behave yourself and respect your teachers."

The girl snickered before smiling innocently. She glanced at Cheon Seojin and then back at him. "Teachers are supposed to guide their students to success. Not lead them by lying and cheat so they could fail in the future." She snapped at him. Referring to the entry exam months ago. 

She could see that he was nervous and shocked when she found out what he had done. The man was about to confront her until he saw two figure, —who were very high up in social status, and quickly composed himself by fixing his tie. 

He smiled at her, even though Aera knew it was fake. "You're right, Aera." he said. "I'll be going now." 

Even when she had her back facing her, she could tell that he was glaring. Though when she turned to give him a smile, his own smile formed quickly. 

Aera sighed and walked towards her sister. "Here." She said, placing the drink in the oldster's hand. "Drink. Don't think you'll be skipping lunch. As long as I'm here, you're not going to fall easily." 

"Thanks." Rona mumbled. She took a sip of the drink before looking at her little sister. "Aren't you supposed to get to your next class?" She asked.