"No, go rest. I know you're going to wolf out in a few days," Sarah assured me.

I nodded and sped back into the stadium. I was still going to support my boyfriend, even if I felt like a zombie.

~~~

Benny's phone rang, and he picked it up and I noticed the potions he was trying to look through. I picked up the spell book, leafing through it in curiosity.

"Hey, Sarah. Did you know there's a spell that cures athlete's foot?" Benny put the phone on speaker.

"Fascinating. Did you know your buddy Boltz isn't your average jock?" Sarah countered.

"Of course! I was trying to figure his tricks out, but someone took the book away from me." Benny glared at me.

"Well, unless you're a pile of dead body parts, it won't help," Sarah sighed.

I perked up at her words. "Come again?" I stammered.

"This old weirdo says the stone on his mask is called the Eye of Zartak. It resurrects dead limbs into whatever you put them in. Your buddy Boltz is made up of a dozen dead hockey players!" Sarah explained.

"Do you know what this means?" Benny asked.

"That we have a crazy hockey monster on the loose?" Sarah guessed.

"No. It means I'll never be good at hockey!" Benny sighed.

There was some mumbling as I paced around the room, looking through the spell book. The Eye of Zartak?

"Did he just say 'geek brain he find'? Ethan!" Benny said, getting up and shoving the chair into the table.

"What do you mean, Ethan?" I followed Benny to the front room, where we slipped our shoes on.

"Long story short, our hockey coach is going to use Ethan's brain for Boltz if we don't get there soon enough," Benny said quickly.

~~~

"Ethan!" Sarah called out.

"This place is huge. Next time, can you join a ping-pong team or something?" Erica asked.

"Oh, I wouldn't. Pongers are animals!" Rory shook his head frantically.

"Hey! You kids are trespassing!" Mr. Steiner said over the loudspeaker.

"Can it, Franken-coach!" Sarah snapped.

"We're here for Ethan," I said confidently.

"All of Ethan," Benny added.

"Boltz! Defence!" Mr. Steiner said.

Boltz slid out on the ice, lifting his mask up. He drank some kind of black liquid.

"Is that supposed to be a head?" Sarah questioned.

"How is he even drinking?" Rory yelled.

"I know. He is totally hotter with his mask on," Erica said, making us look at her.

Boltz put his mask down, and my anger grew.

"I'm through with playing games," Sarah hissed as her eyes glowed yellow, her fangs bared. She used her speed to go over to Boltz, but lost control and slid into a wall.

"Yeah, vamp speed plus ice equals wipe out every time," Rory explained, looking at Erica.

"Good to know," Sarah panted.

"Just find Ethan!" Benny said calmly.

Sarah got up and rushed off.

I stared at Boltz and suddenly got an idea. "Cover me." I ran off, grabbing a pair of skates and changing into them. Just as Benny was about to hit Boltz with a hockey stick, I grabbed Boltz by the arm. I felt everything in my body change and rearrange.

"(Y/n), what did you do?" Benny said, slightly afraid.

Boltz grabbed me by the arm, but he couldn't pick me up. I was his size, his weight, his height. I had his strength, his skills, and his reflexes. I had the only thing he didn't have: a brain.

I skated around him to confuse him, sneakily grabbing a hockey stick. I used the stick to push him back with all of my strength. Benny hit a puck toward Boltz, knocking the Eye of Zartak off of the helmet.

Benny cheered in victory as I felt lethargy take over my body. I changed back, almost falling onto the ice if Benny hadn't caught me from behind.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. (Y/n). (Y/n). Are you alive?" Benny said, panic laced into his voice.

"Need to go home. Gramme," I mumbled.

"Okay. Okay," Benny said, picking me up bridal style as I fell into unconsciousness.

~~~

"You ran yourself through the mill this time, (n/n)."

"Gramme?" I questioned, sitting up and rubbing my head. "What happened?"

"Changing into Frankenstein took a lot out of you. Benny brought you to me and I showed him how to cast the spells," Gramme explained.

"Where is he?" I asked curiously.

"He went back to Evelyn's house," Gramme said, pointing toward the window.

"May I go?" I asked.

"Of course, dear," Gramme said, nodding before walking out of the room.

I crouched on my window sill before using my vampire powers to jump over to his window. I knocked on his window, making Benny dart up from his bed.

"Feeling better, babe?" Benny said, grinning.

"Better already." I grinned back, rubbing our noses together.

~~~

"It's too bad Stern folded the team after Steiner and Boltz vanished," Benny sighed as we walked down the hall.

"Are you kidding? We're lucky we never got to play," Ethan corrected him.

"Yeah, good point," Benny nodded in agreement.

"But I will miss the status the team got us, though," Ethan looked at the helmet.

"Hey, we'll still have a status-" Benny was cut off by two jerks pushing him into a window.

I shoved the guy who pushed my boyfriend back and glared at him. "Don't you dare touch him again or you're dealing with me."

They backed off scaredly down the hallway.

Benny slung his arm around me. "Thanks, my love."

"Well, we'll always have this to remind us of how cool we almost were." Ethan placed the helmet on his shoulder.

Mr. Stern walked out of his office and noticed Ethan. "I'll take that," he snatched the helmet.

"But that's—that's-"

"School property? I know. I'm gathering all the equipment for storage. This was the last item on my list," Mr. Stern explained.

"Are you sure you want it? I mean, it's ancient," Ethan pointed out as I put my hand on it.

Mr. Stern snatched it away from me as I smiled. "It was the Whitechapel hockey team. All the equipment is ancient," Mr. Stern scoffed, walking off.

"That stinks," Benny spat.

"Yeah. I know what Boltz would say if he were here," Benny said.

"Yeah," Ethan agreed as the two made groaning noises.

"I don't exactly trust Principal Stern with magical artifacts, do you?" I held up the gem.

Benny grinned and kissed my cheek. Ethan admired it as I held in my palm. "This is going to go to the VC. I think they'll know what to do with it from there."