"No. No way. He is NOT staying here! Does NO-ONE remember what he did? To ME? To New York? How many people he murdered? If he's staying here, I'm not." He spat vehemently, glared at Loki and stormed out of the room, closely pursued by Aunt Nat.

The rest of us waited in awkward silence until it became clear no-one was going to speak. I began to pace, woefully aware of the attention I had attracted. Once I had thought through every conceivable option, I cleared my throat.

"I think I may have a solution to our problem. Since no-one want Loki here, and we can't exactly send him back, why not put him under constant surveilance. Bruce's Hulk-Out tank should suffice. I've already factored in missions, days off, and other possible reasons that you guys will be unavailable to supervise him, so I volunteer as tribute to take up the position, at least until the summer holidays are over. Then you guys can work out a rota depending on the situation. In emergencies or if no-one else is available, you could floo-call Dumbledore and request that I be taken out of lessons for however long, and be given catch up work. Goodness knows I could afford to miss the majority of the year's classes and still pass my OWLs with flying colours." I proposed, looking around the room. Since no-one objected, I took that as a unanimous 'Yes'. 

After all, what the worst that could happen?

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

When Fandral saw that Loki was in good hands, he bid us farewell and returned to Asgard. As soon as the cell was ready, I led Loki down in silence. We came to a heavily armoured door, and I put the code in, making sure Loki couldn't see it. Not that a simple keypad could prevent his escape even if he did manage to leave his cell.

The door slowly opened with a large click, and we entered the large room.

Inside the room, there was a giant circular tank and metal platforms that surrounded it. We walked over to the newly made cell. I unlocked the cell door and gestured for Loki to go in. He walked infuriatingly slow, studying the new environment. After an eternity seemed to have passed, he eventually stepped far enough that I could lock the door. I flicked my wand at the control panel and with a CLICK, the protective barrier was on.

I turned back to Loki, who was looking at the glass with curiosity.

"I wouldn't get too close to the glass, it's electrified and magicproof. If you need anything, just call JARVIS." He gave me a confused look.

"I'll show you. JARVIS?"

"Yes, Hermione?"

"Can you put on some classical music?"

"Of course, Hermione, any preference?"

"I'll leave the choice up to you."

"But of course. Playing now, Fur Elise."

The soft notes of the piano crept into the room. I nodded at Loki and called over my shoulder as I left. "Ask JARVIS if you need anything."

***************************************************************************************

Loki's POV:

Fandral left to go back to Asgard and I was left in the company of people who hated me.

Feels just like home.

The young girl, of whom I had not met, was proposing quite a good idea, I'll admit, for a mortal. Once they'd all more-or-less agreed with her proposal, I was led to a big iron door and entered the code. The entrance revealed a large chamber and a peculiar looking cell in the middle. I meandered over slowly, partly to infuriate her, but also to assess this strange looking Midgardian contraption.  She began talking to the ceiling, looking expectantly at it. I had just started to question her sanity when a voice echoed around the room. The voice responded to her request with a favourite of mine. She left and I was once again on my own. I unlocked the manacles that restrained my wrists with some difficulty. I stood there for a while, thinking through all that had happened today.

Suddenly, something that the young mortal had mentioned flashed through my mind. 

 Magic-proof, eh? Let's put that to the test...

I concentrated on summoning my books that I had left on Asgard, and they appeared with a green flash. I attempted thrice more times and soon had the cell looking a little more like home, my books sat on a small side table next to my favourite reading chair, with a steaming cup of chamomile tea. I was no longer clothed in my armour but in a smart black suit.

I sighed in comfort and leaned back on the chair with the half-read book from this morning.

Magic-proof my arse.