'you are such a child' I screamed at him in my mind, holding back my own laughter

'You love it really Vicki' he mocked back which resulted in me laughing hysterically, for some reason it just made me laugh. Maybe it was just the way he said it? but whatever it was... it certainly cheered me up.

Hours later we were summoned into the great hall by Roman for a talk about what was happening and what was going to happen in the future. I knew he wanted Dante and I to talk about the attack in the woods in front of the others, but Roman was loosing his touch as ruler... he'd gone soft. Aurora had mentioned it enough times. From what I had seen when I said there was an attack... well it backed up Aurora, yet we both knew we had no place to say such things since technically she had disowned him and this entire family. In the midst of the meeting, Dante's hand snaked its way around my waist which cascaded thousands of shivers along my spine

'You're avoiding me'he echoed in my head

'You're with me all the time' I replied

'You know what I mean, physically... you avoid my touch yet your body begs you to yield'

'I still don't know what you mean. You're touching me now aren't you?'

'When we're alone Victoria. You shrug away from me, is it something I've done?' I leaned into him as I pretended to listen to Roman.

'Don't worry so much, I just have a lot on my mind at the moment... I can't afford to get distracted at the moment that's all.' I gazed up for a moment to find him already staring at me 'I'm sorry if I've offended your or something' he simply smiled at me before averting his eyes back to the rest of them in the room, which I didn't notice were staring at us both.

“Something you want to share with us both of you?” Roman asked us, one brow raised. I glanced at Aurora who was frowning.

“No” was all I said in return. Roman must have realised we weren't listening at all because he sighed and began explaining everything again.

The idea that Roman came up with was a full frontal assault on the intruders, which really just meant a massacre. A lot of blood would have to be shed in order to send the correct message, but he thankfully notified everyone there that they were not to drink a single drop because of a unidentified toxin that streamed through their blood... so he did listen to me after all. He asked Daniil if he thought I was ready for battle and he stated that I was indeed so... apparently I exceeded his expectations and was a fast learner. I felt far from ready though if I was going to be honest, I had never attacked anyone in my life... well other than that one blood thirsty incident when I was little... but that was far from being my fault. I opened my mouth to object to them when Aurora spoke in my mind to suggest I keep quiet, I forgot that there was a bond that meant she felt my emotions at times.

'Sorry'

'What on earth are you sorry for my child?'

'I forgot about the whole... bond thing then'

'You worry too much, I don't mind... but you need to guard your emotions better. Have you been drinking blood?'

'I haven't as much, I’ll probably have some when this meeting is over with... was going to earlier but you know, we were attacked'

'You be sure you do, you're going to need your strength if this plan is to succeed. It will either send out a message... or if they're planning what I think they are, then the war starts tomorrow my love. So be sure to train, eat loads, drink blood and sleep early tonight... and spend as much time as you can with... him, for you never know, It may be your last night... you can't take any chances'