Escape, Conference, Then Some Flying

Start from the beginning

Time skip
After getting the blood wiped off me, a shower, my arm patched up (from the sudden jerk of getting stuck in the wall), a change of clothes, and a couple hour nap, the plane landed. The back opened up, and Rhodey helped my shaking self out of the wheelchair. He helped me down, warning me of the steep part of the plane door. Some medics came with a stretcher, but I waved them off. I wasn't that bad.

I looked at Pepper and smiled. She jogged over to me and embraced me, being careful of my right arm. We got in the car.

"Where to, Miss?" Happy asked.

"Take us to the hospital, please, Happy." Pepper said and I shook my head.

"No."

"No? (Y/n), you have to go-"

"No is a complete answer."

"The doctor has to look at you-"

"I don't have to do anything."

"Yes-"

"I've been in captivity for three months." My voice broke. "I want to eat, I want to sleep in my bed, and I dearly want to see JARVIS. Also, I want you to call for a press conference."

"Call for a press conference?"

"Yeah."

"What on earth for?"

"Hogan, drive. (F/f) first."

Time skip
After going to (f/r) and getting four (f/f)'s, we finally arrived to our destination. Everyone clapped as we pulled up. Obie smiled as he opened my door.

He pulled me into a gentle hug then let go. "I thought we were going to meet at the hospital."

"No, I'm fine."

"Look at you!"

I turned around and grabbed another (f/f) from the bag Happy was holding. "Thanks."

"Oh, you get me one of those?"

"Nope. There's only one left and I'm eating it."

We walked into the huge press room and everyone clapped as I walked up to the stage. I sat in front of the podium and Obie was confused.

"Hey, could everyone sit down? That way I can see you and you can see me." I pulled out my fourth (f/f) from my inner pocket and took a bite.

"Good to see you." I said to Obie as he crouched down next to me.

"Good to see you."

"I never got to say goodbye to dad." I looked to the crowd. "I never got to say goodbye to my father." I set my food down. "There's questions I would've asked him. I would have asked him how he felt about what this company did. If he was conflicted, if he ever had doubts. Or maybe he was every inch the man we all remember from the newsreels. I saw young Americans killed... by the very weapons I created to defend them and protect them. And I saw that I... had become part of a system that is comfortable with zero accountability."

A reporter raised his hand and I nodded.

"What happened over there?"

I got up and went behind the podium. "I had my eyes opened. I came to realize that I have more to offer this world than just making things blow up. And that is why, effective immediately, I am shutting down the weapons manufacturing division of (L/n) International until such a time as I can decide what the future of the company will be." Obie was pushing me away from the mic, so I stepped down and kept talking as I left. "What direction it should take, one that I'm comfortable with and is consistent with the highest good for this country, as well."