Chapter 2: Change of Course

Start from the beginning

"What's up with you?" Ron asked.

"It's her," said Ginny, plonking herself down on Harry's bed. "She's driving me mad."

"What's she done now?" asked Hermione sympathetically.

"It's the way she talks to me... you'd think I was about three!"

"I know," said Hermione, dropping her voice. "She's so full of herself."

Analeigh thought that she was up to date with what had been going on in the Weasley household since she arrived there earlier than Harry, but evidently, she was still out of touch about some things. She shared confused glances with Harry who merely shrugged, just as lost as she was.

"Can't you two lay off her for five seconds?" Ron snapped.

"Oh, that's right, defend her," Ginny said, both teasingly and in annoyance. "We all know you can't get enough of her."

"Wait," Analeigh finally cut them off. "Who in Merlin's name are you talking —"

Before she could finish her question, the bedroom door flew open for the umpteenth time. Instinctively, Harry yanked the bedcovers up to his chin so hard to protect himself that Analeigh and Ginny slid off the bed onto the floor with yelps of surprise.

"What the —" Ginny started.

"— bloody hell was that for, Harry?" Analeigh finished, glaring at the green-eyed boy. But nobody answered them, for they had all turned to face the latest person that arrived. There, standing in the doorway, was a young woman of such breathtaking beauty. She was tall and slender with long blonde hair and even appeared to emanate a faint, silvery glow. To top it all off, she was carrying a heavily laden breakfast tray, somehow making her look even more beautiful. Analeigh's jaw dropped when this woman's appearance processed in her brain: it was was Fleur Delacour.

"'Arry," she beamed. "Eet 'as been too long!"

Fleur glided over to Harry, set the tray down on his knees, and then swooped down to kiss him on each cheek. Harry's face grew red at that, feeling as if places where her lips had touched him were burning.

 Harry's face grew red at that, feeling as if places where her lips had touched him were burning

"Oh, and Analeigh!" Fleur gasped upon seeing the girl still getting up from the floor. For a split second, Analeigh felt a little embarrassed for looking so ungraceful compared to the quarter-Veela before her. "How 'ave you been? I 'aven't seen you since ze tournament!"

"I've been alright," Analeigh smiled. Although she could see why some people weren't too fond of Fleur, she had always been quite nice and affectionate towards Analeigh, so she was pleasantly surprised to see her there. "And you?"

"Just terrific! 'ow is Cedric, too? Are you two still together?"

"Oh, yes," Analeigh replied, caught off guard by that question. "He's been doing great, too. Just about to start a program on —"