She wasn't a 20-year-old anymore and he was more than sure that what she had for him isn't mere admiration. It was love. Selfless and unconditional love. 

"Nee enaku evlo mukyam... Unakaaga enna vena pannuven... unna vida indha ulagathla yaarume special illa... unaku enna pudichadha vida jaasthiya enaku unna pudikum... idellam unkita vaarthaila sola enaku ishtam illa. Edachu pananum unakaaga nu thonichu. Adhunaala vanden", he felt her hands squeezing his at his sudden revelation.

(I wanted to show how important you were to me. I wanted the world to know that I would do anything for you and that I loved you more than how much you loved me. I wanted to show this through my actions and not just my words.)

"Andha kanla oru vekkam.. Idhe maara dan.. china siripu... neraya sandhosham... idellam paakanum. I wanted to make you feel special.

(Also I wanted to see the blush, smile and immeasurable joy on your face.)

Nee enna Raaja madri paathukta... Na unna Raani madri paathupen nu kaata vanden....", his piercing gaze, penetrated right through her soul to embrace every fear and scar, buried deep inside of her.

(You treated me like a King and I wanted to show you that I would treat you like a Queen)

She had always wondered if all of that was just to surprise her but never imagined that it would be this meaningful. Knowing that her favorite memory of them wasn't just a meticulously planned and executed surprise but his way of expressing her importance in his life, left her speechless.

"Unaku en adhu marakka mudiyaadha nal?", he asked unable to resist.

(Why is it an unforgettable memory for you?)

"Indha kan la aniku dan... mudhal dhadava... enakaana kaadhala paathen. Rendu nimisham kooda illa.. aana adhu dan en life oda best moment. To be loved back... rombha azhagaana feeling.", she confessed, and it was his turn to be baffled by her honest response.

(In those eyes of yours, for the very first time, I saw your love for me that day. It wasn't for long but those few minutes are the best moments of my life. To be loved back was indeed a bliss)

"Life full ah en kanla andha kaadhal ah nee paathukte dan iruka pora", he declared before starting to walk back.

(You will continue to see that love for you in my eyes forever)

***

As they neared the event area, she spotted Ani waiting for her.

"Neenga ponga. Na Ani kooda varen.", she mumbled and freed her hand from his.

(Go in. I will come in with Ani)

"Enkooda vara koodadha enna?", he huffed with an evident frown that was too hard to miss.

(Why shouldn't you come in with me?)

"Car la yaaro bromance lam pananga... ippo enna sir aachu?", she let out a chuckle to tease him.

(Someone seemed to like Ani back in the car)

He instantly closed the smallest of distance between them, wrapped his hands around her and pulled her into a tight hug.

"Yaar kooda nee irundhaalum, un kannu enna dan thedum.", he whispered in his husky tone and let her out of the hug before Ani could see them.

(You maybe with anyone but your eyes will still search for me)

***

Ashwin walked in first and found Rakshan stuck with a bunch of guests. He decided to put his friend out of misery and earn brownie points for hanging up on him.