Hospital

I sat in my chair impatiently waiting for Muzan, my boss to arrive.

Wait in your office

"Wait in your office" I mocked his words, crossing my arms. "Damn it, my jaw still hurts like hell" I hissed as I tried to clench my jaw. "She punches hard, noted. Well not like I'm gonna see her here anymore anyways" I smirked but not before flinching at the pain. "Can't even smile? Haa" I sighed and pressed the button on my mic.

"Someone get me an ice pack, be here less than..." I glanced at my clock. "Two minutes, you only got two minutes before I come down there myself" I then released the button and laid my back down on the swiveling chair.

Staring at my reflection on my glass wall that overlooked the busty street down below, I huffed as soon as I heard a hurried knock on the door. Standing up from my chair, I walked towards my door and opened it.

There, panting man stood. "H-here you go ma'am-

"Good job" I told him nonchalantly, grabbing the ice pack form his hands and closed the door right at his face. Walking to the button on my mic, I pressed it. "The one that brought me the ice pack gets less paperwork to do, he now gets to choose who he'd dumps that work on, congrats"

Sitting on my chair, the ice cold pack made its way on my swollen cheek. "God this kinda hurts" I shuddered, feeling the coldness hit my warm skin.

"I know that, Kokushibou. Then just target the sales to go down, understood?" Muzan's red eyes flickered to my swollen face before turning back to one of his CEO's "Get back to work, you still need to go to the auction to get those earrings"

"Understood" Kokushibou's familiar deep voice replied to him before his silent footsteps walked away.

"As for you" he turns to me.

"I didn't do anything wrong" I quickly told him, crossing my arms. Placing my leg over the other, I huffed. "As you told me countless times before, I can fire anyone as long as it has a good reason, right? She punched me and refused to listen to my order to work" I explained to him.

"I fired her before you got to me so it still counts-

"Hey, Y/n. Are you even listening" he told me, with a brow raised.

My face felt warm from embarrassment, I was too focused on saying my part, knowing that the woman earlier might've said something different. "S-sorry, boss I wasn't. Can you repeat it?" I straightened myself on my chair, avoiding his eyes for, embarrassment. "Uggghh! Keep yourself together, Y/n! You can't afford to lose this great job!-

Suddenly, something weighted on my head. I looked up to him and gaped in awe at his small smile.

"I said, good job"

Being left alone in my office to 'cool off' as Muzan advised, yet the surprise and shock has yet to leave me. Muzan smiled? The frightening and cold boss, smiled? My brows furrowed as I stared on my table. It can't be fake, his eyes even squinted!

Letting myself twirl in my rolling chair, I let the room become blurry in my eyes. Smile... smile... even with CEO's that he had been with for years... he had never smiled, even with a compliment

Stopping my rolling chair, I let my blurry vision focus on Muzan's portrait in my office. His cold red eyes stared down at you, pale face and frail complexion but that was far from truth.

I was being harassed by a man when I went with him to get his usual coffee. The man said that he had a kink with women in tight business suits and kept asking me for pics, but of course, I wasn't really caring about my own reputation almost agreed when Muzan suddenly slammed the man's head on the door.

"W-why did you do that?!" I asked Muzan as we walked away from the scene, the responders were carrying the man in a stretcher. My face paled at the small dent on the door the man was just slammed onto.

"He's bothering you, my secretary. We're going to run late if he manages to get a second of your time and time matters" Muzan told me, not even sparing a glance at me who hurried to keep up with his pace.

"What?! For your information, boss. I don't care and would be willing to take a pic with anybody, it's just a second to get a pic!" I said to him, annoyed at what he had just done.

"3 minutes to take the phone out of the bag, 2 minutes to find the camera and 1 minute to take a pic, in total it's 6 minutes"

I facepalmed at him while we entered the company, letting him open the doors for me and ignoring at the employees that glanced at us.

"Huh?! Grabbing a phone does not take that long!"

"Time does not wait for you, dear secretary"

"Ugh!"

A week later, I secretly contacted the hospital the man was admitted in and paled at his conditions.

"A broken skull? Are you serious?" I asked the nurse who agreed to talk to me... after some bribing of course.

"Yes, we still don't know who had done it though, everyone in the cafe didn't say a word, we're afraid that it's an assassination" she sighed from the phone.

"Assassination!!? The fuck?!" I screamed in disbelief, Muzan never met the man and since he might've bribed or silence the people there that day, the authorities might pave seen it as a assassination attempt. I groaned into my hand. "Thank you for talking to me ma'am"

"Your welcome, and thank you for the money"

"No problem" I sighed, ending the call.

Sitting there silently on my chair, I tapped my fingers on the table. "Good thing I made some anonymous money transferred, that man can't pay all that money since he's unemployed"