007. 𝐧𝐞𝐩𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐦, 𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐲!

Start from the beginning

Ruby doesn't say anything. She can feel anger bubbling up inside of her.

"She is incredibly dangerous — do you know what she has done in the past? Individuals like herself cannot be left to their own devices. It is a matter of national security."

"What, but it was OK to kidnap a little girl in the first place?" says Ruby.

It takes him a second to reply. "Well, yes — but that is in the past and—"

"So why isn't what she's done in the past?" says Ruby.

He splutters, "Because—"

Ruby stands up. "Because men with their dicks out can do whatever they want, even if it means killing little girls. I'm the same as her, Doctor, only my grandpa's name got me out of here." She looks across at the door, squints, and it flies open, the lock ripping out of the wall. "Now, I'm going home, I'm getting Steve, and you're going to leave us alone."

"Ruby, lets be—"

"I am one phone call away from telling every newspaper about what happens here. Leave me and my friends alone."

On that note, Ruby walks out of the opened door. She raises her hand, and the bag that was confiscated appears in her fingertips. Maybe the nepotism powers are back, or at least giving her more arrogance than usual, because no one seems to be getting in her way as she searches for Harrington. She remembers the room they sent him in: 02, like the one in her mom's photo, when she was ten weeks pregnant and glowing. She wonders what her mom would think, if she saw her now...

She finally reaches the door. Her eyes narrow, blood trickles down her nose, and the door's sent off of its hinges.

Harrington's sat at the door, his eyes wide.

"Could you not have just, like, unlocked it, with the—" and Harrington makes a gesture to its head, referring to her powers.

Ruby shrugs. "They pissed me off."

Harrington pauses, but because he knows what she's like, he nods. "Well... Let me rescue you next time."

She knows she should be happy to hear that, but it annoys her. Why does he want to look after her so badly? It's like he doesn't listen, like he doesn't even watch the shit she does. She can fix things herself. She's just broken them out of a military-grade laboratory, has she not?

"Lets just go," says Ruby, with a grimace.

She thinks to go back for Nancy and Jonathan, but as she steps out of the room, she sees the two being carted off by the scientist she spoke to. Nancy looks back at her, and Ruby gives a look to say are you okay? and Nancy nods, saying she's fine.

"Did they talk to you?" says Ruby, as she makes the way back to the exit.

He nods. "Briefly," says Harrington. "They were asking if I knew anything."

Ruby feels the blood trickling from her nose, so she wipes it away. "And...?"

"Come on, Rubes," says Harrington, lowering his voice. He leans closer to her, and Ruby watches a little smirk appear across his face. She feels her stomach turn into knots. No one should look that hot. "My dad wouldn't be the consumerism king of Indiana without 'no comment.'"