‎𝟎𝟏, ‏‏‎ ‎pandora's box

Start from the beginning

⠀⠀The bouncer situated at the front of the venue greets the young pair with a firm nod. He need not spare a single glance toward the guestlist in his pocket before immediately ushering them through the glass double doors and, at last, into the party.

⠀⠀Aria allows a small smile to ghost her lips as her eyes adjust to the dim lighting.

⠀⠀The nightclub is packed with A—List faces, from rappers and actors to supermodels and athletes — most notably, an abundance of basketball players. Flashy strobe lights cut through the artificial mist of the fog machines to illuminate the space, where everyone is either pressed against one another on the dance floor, lounging atop the velvet upholstery dotted around the room, or ordering rounds of far—too—overpriced cocktails at the bar.

⠀⠀"Goddamn." Nico murmurs breathlessly.

⠀⠀Aria nods in agreement as her eyes continue to scan the familiar faces before them, "Not bad."

⠀⠀She's not entirely sure whether she was referring to the party, or the men inside it.

⠀⠀Most probably the latter.

⠀⠀Nico's nose instinctively scrunches upon laying his eyes on a couple who are much too close for public comfort against the far wall of the nightclub. He mutters some unintelligible French phrase under his breath.

⠀⠀Aria's been around him long enough to know it meant something along the lines of, 'Fuckin' Americans'.

⠀⠀"Welcome to LA, my dear Nicolas." She chuckles dryly, gesturing around the room.

⠀⠀"Please stop calling me that." He rolls his eyes, "You sound like my mother — and we both know that's not a compliment."

⠀⠀"Harsh." Aria's lips curl into a distasteful frown at the mention of that heartless, money—lusting excuse of a woman. She reverts to using his usual namesake, "What's the move for tonight then, Nico?"

⠀⠀He simply shrugs, "Your call, Ri."

⠀⠀He almost immediately regrets his words as soon as he spots the mischievous glint in her eyes.

⠀⠀"Wait, n-"

⠀⠀Aria cuts him off with a firm grip on the wrist, pulling him through the crowd before he's able to even think about protesting, "To the bar we go!"

⠀⠀Nico lets out a disgruntled huff as he's dragged across the room, "You're underage, Ri."

⠀⠀Aria opens her mouth to respond.

⠀⠀"And batshit crazy if you think I'm gonna get drinks for you all night."

⠀⠀Her lips promptly shut.

⠀⠀Nico's brow raises, an amused smirk forming on his face as he watches her falter — it isn't everyday he sees himself besting the girl who sits on top of the world.

⠀⠀Alas, he forgets that being on top of the world comes with its perks; something that Aria is very well aware of.